Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Imagine if Amazon make a documentary of this and the past year of the club, can see it now Mel agreeing a 10 part series and making a few million in the process! 

Could make a courtroom drama style feature film I think

Starring Nick De Marco as Atticus Finch, Jimmy McGill as Mr Messanger, Jonny Vegas as Steve Gibson, 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I love the notion of "our average gate is 70% of capacity, but we're looking into building a new ground - lets build our new stadium 70% of the size of our current one" would be an approach of any football club....

Imagine Gibson's crew thinking a stadium in 2018 would cost less than it did in 1997

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I love the notion of "our average gate is 70% of capacity, but we're looking into building a new ground - lets build our new stadium 70% of the size of our current one" would be an approach of any football club....

Yeah, no wonder we failed FFP when we can't include tickets sold when they go over 23,000. 

No need to count the extra revenue from matches against Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed etc.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Could make a courtroom drama style feature film I think

Starring Nick De Marco as Atticus Finch, Jimmy McGill as Mr Messanger, Jonny Vegas as Steve Gibson, 

I like Jonny vegas

The cherry on top of the icing on the cake is now that the EFL has incurred £1m in legal costs which they are charging back to each individual club in the Championship ??????

To all other clubs in The Championship, you can thank Gibson and his cronies for the bill. You’ve all had to pay for their failed witch hunt. 

Doesn’t seem fair to me, either The EFL or those bringing the allegations to The EFL against DCFC and Mel should take the hit IMHO

35 minutes ago, Coconut said:

All those years overstating* our attendances finally came good!

?

(*including ST holders who haven't turned up in the figures)

Yeah, I never really liked that. I think a number of clubs did attendance by tickets sold not through the gate at one point. I remember Arsenal used to do it because they'd always chuckle at it on the radio. 

I'm honestly a bit surprised Mr Messenger didn't try "they all got in for free when they got a phone!!!"

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Seems from the extracts, Mr. Messanger was in the business of trying to get the panel to accept that Pride Park was worth significantly less than the sale price. He attempted to do just that. In doing so he lost his credibility in the eyes of the panel as an actual valuer. 

All concerned must have seen the writing on the wall even before the end of the hearing.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

to mr messenger.

good luck in your new job. and yes, i will have fries with it

McDonald's have minimum standards to meet you know. 

Archived