Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it would be a conflict of interest having Pearce and the Reading bloke on the board, If the EFL were the ones investigating the charges and not an independent commission.

In fact if it was the EFL investigating the charges it would be a conflict of interest to have any single representative from a competing championship club on the board. I guess that's why they use an independent commission.

I bet that knuckle dragger at the daily mail only found out Pearce was on the board today and thought to get his opinion out there. He's been on the board since the charges were brought and only now, 8 months later, are people apparently concerned about that.

Seems the daily mail have got something against DCFC, though if I was Mel, I'd take it as a compliment that a publication so vile were so invested in taking us down.

2 hours ago, ripleyram88 said:

I'm sure it would be a conflict of interest having Pearce and the Reading bloke on the board, If the EFL were the ones investigating the charges and not an independent commission.

Our defence seems to be based in part upon arguing that the EFL have been incompetent. Yet we have a representative on the board. That does seem a bit odd.

similarly whilst we are subject to an active investigation(s) is it appropriate to be on the board. Debatable. 

53 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Our defence seems to be based in part upon arguing that the EFL have been incompetent. Yet we have a representative on the board. That does seem a bit odd.

similarly whilst we are subject to an active investigation(s) is it appropriate to be on the board. Debatable. 

The 3 reps will always have conflicts which will be declared and they will not get involved in such matters.  Now if we are found guilty of being a rotten club I guess he will have to resign

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Our defence is that we did not break any rules.

7 hours ago, JfR said:

Derby SCANDAL UPDATE: Mel Morris sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers

Now, this technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's Mel Morris in the oven, rotating slowly. His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees - he's literally stewing in his own juices.

0B3E3522-E5BB-4A74-9B75-11C3E2288D4E.jpeg

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Don’t think Pearce was on the EFL board at the time of the stadium sale ? Could be wrong though 

Anyone else notice the line about wanting to open another investigation into our new £30m loan?? Christ, surely with everything hanging over us that loan would have been checked, picked apart and scrutinised by every man and his dog by us and the EFL prior to it happening?

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Anyone else notice the line about wanting to open another investigation into our new £30m loan?? Christ, surely with everything hanging over us that loan would have been checked, picked apart and scrutinised by every man and his dog by us and the EFL prior to it happening?

The Mail claims it's against the spirit of P&S rules. Surely rule #1 from the 'Spirit of the Rules Handbook' is "Ensure the club survives", which I'm guessing this loan is being used for.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don’t think Pearce was on the EFL board at the time of the stadium sale ? Could be wrong though 

No you're right, he wasn't appointed until June 2019.

Voted onto the board by the other Championship clubs no less, 2 months after the 2018 accounts were released, so after everyone knew the sale price of the stadium including the profit that was made, and over 2 years after the first set of accounts with the changed amortisation method were released.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/06/stephen-pearce-named-as-club-representative-on-efl-board

Club representation on the EFL Board comprises three Directors from the Sky Bet Championship, two Directors from Sky Bet League One and one Director from Sky Bet League Two, each selected by the 24 clubs in their respective divisions.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

When exactly have Derby County stated that the EFL have been incompetent? Fans have said it (probably with a fair degree of justification) but I don't recall the Club saying it.

Archived