Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

I wonder where we would stand if we were to sue the EFL or whoever is delaying this decision because we have missed out on vital investment or a takeover because the investors are not sure due to not knowing if we start on minus points etc

This may sound ludicrous but how do we know that this elongated drawn out process hasn't scared off vital investment ??

The worrying thing is that as much as we all feel we have done nothing wrong compared to the Wendies I just can't see us getting off scott free with no points deduction.....This delay is damaging and disgusting and now the mail kicking up about our loan wtf..... anyone who reads the daily mail is a total bamford and gibson is a total *******

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this question has already be posed, but if we're found not-guilty do we have ground to sue the EFL? Surely this hanging over our heads has caused such repetitional damage that it's hindered our attempts to bring in investment and transfers? If this has been speculated to death already on here, please ignore me. 

22 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Apologies if this question has already be posed, but if we're found not-guilty do we have ground to sue the EFL? Surely this hanging over our heads has caused such repetitional damage that it's hindered our attempts to bring in investment and transfers? If this has been speculated to death already on here, please ignore me. 

This is why it worries me...if we get found guilty and points deduction no real comeback but if we are found innocent then we may have grounds to ask for compensation/damage of reputation etc especially if it has meant a loss of investment....the amount of time this is taking is total crap as well ...how can we prepare properly for the season not knowing the outcome....EFL are a joke...should've had the balls to tell gibson to wind his kneck in ....football seems less and less about the actual game nowadays!!!! ?

I find it difficult to understand how anyone on this forum can come to any conclusions based on previous behaviour of the EFL.  The EFL has, on numerous occasions, been seen to be inefficient, inept and utterly clueless.  Decisions being made on a wing and a prayer is no way to run any organisation and I for one have no confidence in it's ability to come to any informed decision on anything.  I do however, have confidence in Mel Morris and believe that the decisions that he has made in the recent past regarding the clubs finances would not have been taken if there was any risk at all to the club itself.  I'll finish by saying that if we get no 'punishment' from the EFL and this causes Steve Gibson to spontaneously combust I'll be very happy.   Just my opinion!

4 minutes ago, TomG said:

I find it difficult to understand how anyone on this forum can come to any conclusions based on previous behaviour of the EFL.  The EFL has, on numerous occasions, been seen to be inefficient, inept and utterly clueless.  Decisions being made on a wing and a prayer is no way to run any organisation and I for one have no confidence in it's ability to come to any informed decision on anything.  I do however, have confidence in Mel Morris and believe that the decisions that he has made in the recent past regarding the clubs finances would not have been taken if there was any risk at all to the club itself.  I'll finish by saying that if we get no 'punishment' from the EFL and this causes Steve Gibson to spontaneously combust I'll be very happy.   Just my opinion!

The EFL aren't deciding whether we are guilty or not though are they. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Depends how 'independent' the independent panel is.

Steve Gibson has too many fingers in this pie for my liking, there is clearly an agenda against Derby, the Daily Mail seem hell Bent on destroying us in the gutter press, you have to wonder why?

I have no confidence that our charge is being dealt with fairly and independently.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No. But they do set the terms for the independent panel.  And those terms apparently give the panel no timeframe to adhere to. That's pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, Gritty said:

No. But they do set the terms for the independent panel.  And those terms apparently give the panel no timeframe to adhere to. That's pretty poor.

Yes I totally concur about the timescales. Was just noting that the EFL aren't judge jury and executioner.

People talking about an "independent panel" but we would all do well to remember there is no such thing as an independent panel. Everyone brings their own biases and agenda to this.

A question that might be informed by the Wendies verdict: does anyone know if the panel has to be unanimous in their ruling or if they can split 2-1 to deliver their verdict?

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You said if we don't get any punishment from the EFL in your message that's all 

I think that any punishments when released are always said to have come from the EFL, I was speaking generally.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

People talking about an "independent panel" but we would all do well to remember there is no such thing as an independent panel. Everyone brings their own biases and agenda to this.

A question that might be informed by the Wendies verdict: does anyone know if the panel has to be unanimous in their ruling or if they can split 2-1 to deliver their verdict?

I read somewhere that the EFL get to appoint one member of the panel. Derby get to appoint one member of the panel. I don't know how the third member of the panel gets appointed though. 

I would assume you can have a majority verdict. Just as you can in legal settings such as the appeal court or Supreme Court. It just makes sense. Otherwise you may just end up with repeat hearings and no decision ever made. That said I have not heard anything definitive on that. 

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I read somewhere that the EFL get to appoint one member of the panel. Derby get to appoint one member of the panel. I don't know how the third member of the panel gets appointed though. 

I would assume you can have a majority verdict. Just as you can in legal settings such as the appeal court or Supreme Court. It just makes sense. Otherwise you may just end up with repeat hearings and no decision ever made. That said I have not heard anything definitive on that. 

I would imagine the 3rd person acts as a judge listening to both sides, a negotiator in working out the actual punishment and a mediator in terms of future practices.

Effectively a 1 man panel listening to 2 advocates. 

Archived