Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

Isn’t it about time we accepted as a club that the hierarchy of the EFL are going to bust a gut to pin something on us, they will not rest until they are able by what ever means to screw us up.

Its the nature of the beast, accept that they are fighting for survival and the old adage that turkeys don’t vote for Christmas is so true.

The EFL have no redeeming features, so let’s just accept it’s their ball and they will only give it us back when good and ready.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rosythram said:

Isn’t it about time we accepted as a club that the hierarchy of the EFL are going to bust a gut to pin something on us, they will not rest until they are able by what ever means to screw us up.

Its the nature of the beast, accept that they are fighting for survival and the old adage that turkeys don’t vote for Christmas is so true.

The EFL have no redeeming features, so let’s just accept it’s their ball and they will only give it us back when good and ready.

3 weeks into the new season anyone ?

Surely to duck there has to be a deadline for a decision to be made?

It's like VAR taking 30 minutes to decide whether a clear and obvious mistake has been made and whether the official's original decision not to punish someone was correct or not.

If it's taking this long to find us categorically guilty of wrongdoing, then we weren't guilty of wrongdoing.

It isn't a bloody murder trial FFS, it isn't anything to do with the law or criminality it's an argument about the pernickity interpretation of some illogical, made up, not legally binding guidance.

Either charge us because of a clear and obvious misdeeds or throw it out and move on.

The whole thing's long since become a farce.

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Going to be honest, this sort of thing constantly happening is killing my love of football. It really is. 

I’m with you on this one bud. The state of football today!!!! It ain’t what I signed up for as a football mad kid all those years ago. The games unrecognisable. Progress eh!!!!

32 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Surely to duck there has to be a deadline for a decision to be made?

It's like VAR taking 30 minutes to decide whether a clear and obvious mistake has been made and whether the official's original decision not to punish someone was correct or not.

If it's taking this long to find us categorically guilty of wrongdoing, then we weren't guilty of wrongdoing.

It isn't a bloody murder trial FFS, it isn't anything to do with the law or criminality it's an argument about the pernickity interpretation of some illogical, made up, not legally binding guidance.

Either charge us because of a clear and obvious misdeeds or throw it out and move on.

The whole thing's long since become a farce.

Totally agree. 

Several years ago the EFL agreed with some accounting we did, that in hindsight they now feel went against the spirit of what they wanted to achieve. 

No businesses were ruined, nobody else was left out of pocket. In retrospect we have gained precious little advantage and our house is in order now. 

I don't understand why regardless of result, the outcome isn't a suspended points penalty, some fresh guidance tidying up the loopholes and 2 years of intensive scrutiny / compliance work to make sure we are squeaky clean.

Talking about 12point deductions makes no sense and seems completely unfair and unethical to me. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can they just leave us alone? Just for one day. 

They can leave us alone for good if we form a breakaway league with those coming down and seven or eight clubs who are probably as fed up with being restricted on what they can spend as Derby.  Middlesbrough and the rest of the whingers can stay with the EFL. Plenty of revenue in that big game against Hartlepool.  Happened in other sports.  You can only be pushed so far and it's coming. It would need to be in conjunction with the premier league but as the bigger revenue clubs would be involved probably not an issue .  Not something i would generally think i would support but it's becoming a pee take now.

This is getting dirty. There is going to be a major fallout soon. We are being treated disgustingly. Someone has the ear of that rag and are determined to drag us through the dirt. 

I believe Mels original explanation so until a charge becomes a conviction to me we are 100% innocent until proved guilty. No doubt about it though our name is being dragged through the dirt. 

26 minutes ago, JfR said:

Derby SCANDAL UPDATE: Mel Morris sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers

There he is in the background. That cup of tea to iron things out with Gibson and the Barnsley chairman didn't go to well. Don't know where they got that copy of the stadium sale contract from.

Archived