v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

All too passive. All too tame. Wrong tactics out the gate. Poor.

I think the tactics may be wrong, but not for any other reason than Forest were ready to exploit them - w tried to play the same as in previous games.

Forest just pressed really high and didn't back off.

It's whether Cocu can adapt now that matters.

Poor.

too passive. We need players to break forward and disrupt forests defensive unit. The full backs need to be brave. There is no pressure on their back four. This is us at our worst. Too safe , too pedestrian.

we are passing it around but no-one wants to take responsibility to make things happen.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I think the tactics may be wrong, but not for any other reason than Forest were ready to exploit them - w tried to play the same as in previous games.

Forest just pressed really high and didn't back off.

It's whether Cocu can adapt now that matters.

I don't think we tried to play the same. We sat off. Then got punished for it.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

They are choosing to slow the play down. They need to up the pace, there is plenty of pace in players like Sibley, Knight, Bogle, Fozzy, Holmes...

You saw for the free kick Lolley won in injury time what pace can do. We don’t have it. Sibley has a bit, the rest are steady at best. 

We're just moving the ball slowly and aimlessly in front of forest. There is no kind of movement ahead, we're just nearly playing it from side to side and then putting a poo cross in the box. We won't score in a million years like this. Rooney has been poor.

Archived