v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Srg said:

You saw for the free kick Lolley won in injury time what pace can do. We don’t have it. Sibley has a bit, the rest are steady at best. 

It's how quickly the ball is moved! It's been utterly pedestrian, particularly across the back. Every player is taking too many touches.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Poor.

too passive. We need players to break forward and disrupt forests defensive unit. The full backs need to be brave. There is no pressure on their back four. This is us at our worst. Too safe , too pedestrian.

we are passing it around but no-one wants to take responsibility to make things happen.

What frustrates me most is two players going back and forth to each other while gaining no ground at all, utterly pointless! 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The sooner we're rid of Hamer the better. He's absolutely trash. Top priority this summer.

Bit too harsh there

Much better than Roos, that's for sure.

Though agree - Quality keeper is top priority this summer.

We need to remain patient and not try to force it too much. We have the players to hurt these. It makes it harder with them taking the initiative, ideal scenario for them. We need to move the ball quicker to pull them out of their shape. It's basically a chess game now. Pick your moves carefully we will get a chance. Disappointing goal to concede though.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think the tactics may be wrong, but not for any other reason than Forest were ready to exploit them - w tried to play the same as in previous games.

Forest just pressed really high and didn't back off.

It's whether Cocu can adapt now that matters.

Forest haven’t pressed until we enter their half. They’ve stood off whenever we have in in our half

Against a side this organised you don't want to find yourself behind. We find ourselves behind because for nearly half hour we had Sibely and Martin closing down in Forest half while everyone else stood with Hamer.

No wonder they scored from distance. They had a few chances to line up a shot from range before the goal. Was it Da Costa that had a shot from 25 yards when he had space to run even closer?

The walking football encouraged a team that sits deep to come out. It was that slow. Every rare inch a midfield player created was ignored. Terrible.

But a bit braver and faster on the ball in the last 15. Why start so negatively? 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Better since Holmes switched sides but he's been a bit mistake prone.

I'd have waghorn on for him after ten minutes or so.

I'd have had Waghorn on from the start. TBH I think I prefer Knight on the rhs.

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Bit too harsh there

Much better than Roos, that's for sure.

Though agree - Quality keeper is top priority this summer.

He's garbage. He costs us a goal almost every game. How can we compete when we don't have anyone who's even adequate in goal? He can't catch or stop shots. What is he good at? His kicks all go out.

Awful start but we’re getting better. I’m not sure why Cocu picked Martin and Forsyth over Waghorn and Lowe. Forest sit back and counter, so surely faster players are more able to break them down and stop counter attacks? We need some pace off the bench, and players nearer to Martin 

Just now, Andicis said:

He's garbage. He costs us a goal almost every game. How can we compete when we don't have anyone who's even adequate in goal? He can't catch or stop shots. What is he good at? His kicks all go out.

Bar the last home game, can you please tell us what these ‘goal every game’ are?

Too slow today Hamer is rubbish please someone defend him on that goal ffs 

also we are nowhere near the finished article and is a miracle we are near play offs we are missing Tom Lawrence and I’m yet to be convinced of Bogle 

Matt Clarke is immense we should try and sign him permanently in my view 

We've been better since the drinks break but still too slow, not enough movement and don't look massively dangerous. We need to disrupt their shape a bit and start pulling them out of position, atm it's too easy for them to sit in close down the space and deny us much in the way of getting chances. 

I think defensively on the break we do look vulnerable they've had a couple of situations so we need to be careful there. I think it's clear Hamer needs to be replaced but that's for another day i guess. 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Typical we put our first poor performance in when we are playing forest 

Thats what forest do. Strangle any threat. incredibly boring but effective.  The trick is to score first or just let them have the ball as they don't want it and they leave space. Either option throws there plan out the window. 1-0 spells game against this side normally means game over unless they make an unusual defensive error. Score first you win.

Just now, rammieib said:

Bar the last home game, can you please tell us what these ‘goal every game’ are?

Not at home right now, nor can I be arsed to go through all of Hamer's mistakes. There are a lot. Every single cross. Every time he does a shitty punch, or when he saves the ball into the path of the striker like he did vs. Barnsley

Just watched the replay of the goal and it was poor from Bird, he could have easily closed it down but just stood his ground. That said that’s the first time since he’s been in the team I can think he’s done much wrong. 

Archived