Lampard vs. Cocu

11 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe he saw the comments online telling him to F off and what’s he playing around at, and felt the need to defend him. 

Natural really if you see someone you have a great relationship with be unfairly criticised. I would do the same.

Yes, fair enough on Mel's part. I hadn't realised you and Frank were such great mates. ?? I'm still entitled to my opinion, whether it fits with Mel's or not. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, fair enough on Mel's part. I hadn't realised you and Frank were such great mates. ?? I'm still entitled to my opinion, whether it fits with Mel's or not. 

Never said you wasn’t, I’m also allowed an opinion without being mates with him. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Never said you wasn’t, I’m also allowed an opinion without being mates with him. 

Oh come on David, I know you're not mates with Franky! I'm glad we're all entitled to an opinion and of course I know that Mel's is better than mine! ? 

Lampard was fun for the season played fast attacking football that was very bipolar. But cocu is a different kettle of fish. You can tell he’s classy and fully invested in our club. His aura is infectious. It’s almost like when he’s furious then you become furious but when he’s happy and smiling it’s hard not to smile with him. Classiest bloke in football. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

And let your Doncaster players come back to pre season training and fly to Florida still not knowing who will be in charge.

I don't blame Lampard for going but 100% agree he didn't give a toss about Derby as soon as Chelsea made contact with him. 

We got more respect off Jody Morris and the two Chelsea loanees. 

Frank did what was best for Frank and that's fine. But for that reason I won't cry when Roman gets bored of him and I certainly don't think we owe him any great thanks. 

Much more respect for Morris, Wilson, Mount and Tomori. 

without raking back over the 2019-2020 transfer threads for the details, weren't a number of us optimistic Frankie would "do us a favour" with a couple of quality loans......cough......Ethan Ampadu.......cough?

Done naff all and I don't recall even seeing any tweets from him wishing us well.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

without raking back over the 2019-2020 transfer threads for the details, weren't a number of us optimistic Frankie would "do us a favour" with a couple of quality loans......cough......Ethan Ampadu.......cough?

Done naff all and I don't recall even seeing any tweets from him wishing us well.

I think there was one brief Instagram message

Got nice messages from Morris and the 3 loanees. 

Mount and Tomori have even showed us some love after they knew they were staying at Chelsea. 

But I don't think we have the pick of Chelsea's unwanted players. If there was a "special relationship" I'm sure there is one player on their massive roster that would be good

I loved Franks time here and It maybe the reason we got Cocu. It was a great season, full of excitement and being able to see the 3 loans play to such a level was a treat. There were low point's though and many games we were utter turd lol.

As soon as Chelsea came calling we all knew he would go and the way it dragged out could have been dealt better but as I seem to recall, it was the compensation mel wanted that made it drag on. I'm sure Cocu was already in place behind the scenes but they couldn't do anything until Frank leaving was signed.

I don't blame Frank for leaving, we'd all do it if were honest and I don't think he's at fault for the delay.

He also made a couple of vids when he left on how he felt about us and he wouldn't have left if it was any other club. Whether you believe him is up to each individual. He's also mentioned us and spoke highly of us in subsequent interviews.

However, I am really liking what cocu's trying to achieve, Bringing our academy players through. Because of this I think hes playing in a way to avoid as many defeats as poss as it could destroy the kids confidence. Yes it's been a bit meh at times but we have to look at the bigger picture here, he's trying to build a squad and a philosophy, that will take time and to think the shitstorm of a season he's had to deal with, I for one am amazed we even hit 10th.

Looking forward to next season and hopefully a few exciting new players. I think we need at least a gk another cb and a quick cf of quality.

UTR!!.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

And let your Doncaster players come back to pre season training and fly to Florida still not knowing who will be in charge.

I don't blame Lampard for going but 100% agree he didn't give a toss about Derby as soon as Chelsea made contact with him. 

We got more respect off Jody Morris and the two Chelsea loanees. 

Frank did what was best for Frank and that's fine. But for that reason I won't cry when Roman gets bored of him and I certainly don't think we owe him any great thanks. 

Much more respect for Morris, Wilson, Mount and Tomori. 

This my friend may just be the most sensible post ever on this forum.... congratuwelldone..

8 hours ago, David said:

If a top Premier League club came in for Cocu this summer. He would be off. Even without the connection Lampard has with Chelsea. Don’t kid yourself.

Maybe Cocu will end up at Chelsea in the middle of next season then with us flying high at the top of the league and Chelski floundering around mid table and Abramovic sacking fatty..?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Maybe Cocu will end up at Chelsea in the middle of next season then with us flying high at the top of the league and Chelski floundering around mid table and Abramovic sacking fatty..?

If Lampard is fat, I want to be fat

21 minutes ago, David said:

If Lampard is fat, I want to be fat

As we were watching one of England’s golden generation games at some hell hole place in Europe and waiting for the inevitable collapse someone turned to me and said “why do you call Lampard Fat Frank all the time”

my reply “because he’s fat” and the bloke next to me said “and his names Frank”

Cocu's interview post final match is really classy. No footballers cliches, he can think for himself. He

seems really genuine in his commitment and he has done enough to earn  respect from all of us.

Its hard not to be disappointed with Lampard - when did he actually make his decision to leave?

Having begun to read this thread from the start I must apologise to anyone after page 2, worn out, so, I was giving out like/love after like/love because most have seen the difference, without being negative towards Frankie, he had so much more to work with than Phil in his first season. We now have, is it official? , a love in with Mr Philip Cocu because he’s had a season beyond all seasons to contend with. And that interview after the Brum game, he smiled, and he chuckled, and that made me chuckle too, because I have 100% faith in the man to make us very special (maybe raising the bar too high, for next season?). The nucleus is there, how dynamic our young guns are, keep the big(ger) boys away from the talent we have, and the addition of Dutch technical ability......... mmmmmm I’ve never enjoyed finishing 10th so much in my life (at anything)..... Ladies and gentlemen ..... and the rest of you..... prepare for something good next season, and it’s only a few weeks away. Ok time for my fourth pint. 

Think after Liverpool chelsea game we could poss think cocu is a capital C for class and lampard is a capital L for lout ?

just my take , actions speak and it may turn out we are left disapointed with cocu s actions in the future but my gut feeling is we won’t ,lets wait and see

37 minutes ago, Archied said:

Think after Liverpool chelsea game we could poss think cocu is a capital C for class and lampard is a capital L for lout ?

just my take , actions speak and it may turn out we are left disapointed with cocu s actions in the future but my gut feeling is we won’t ,lets wait and see

I would really be surprised if Cocu disappointed Rams fans for any negative actions. He seems to be a person who operates with the highest integrity. That of course doesn't guarantee success or even that Cocu will complete his four years at DCFC. The club has a bit of previous on that front, but I have a feeling when he does eventually leave, Philip Cocu will become one of the former managers fondly remembered. 

Two very different types of managers & two different reigns at Derby.

Lampard was a big game manager. A guy who could inspire performances for big games & endeared himself with his warm & engaging nature. I do believe he bought into Derby, he clearly knew plenty about our history & spoke constantly about our stature as a club & love of football as a city. He gave us many moments to remember & Id rather focus on that than the nonsense of last summer which may well have not been his fault. Its also highly questionable if Cocu and Rooney would have joined had Lampard not been here the season previously. I wish him & Jody (and Fik and Mason) all the best at Chelsea.

Cocu is a slow burner. A builder of clubs, not just teams and someone who is particularly focused on bringing young players. He has an air of class & wisdom about him, a presence...I find myself paying more attention to Cocu's interviews than any other previous Derby manager. Could any previous manager have dealt with the off-season stuff as well as him? I doubt it but then we've never had a manager before who has won 3 league titles or been assistant manager of a World Cup final side. He's had bigger pressure than this before...managed and played for bigger teams. Putting youth into teams takes courage, Cocu is certainly brave enough. Its a perfect match. We're going places & Im not just talking about a promotion either.

10 hours ago, David said:

Maybe he saw the comments online telling him to F off and what’s he playing around at, and felt the need to defend him. 

Natural really if you see someone you have a great relationship with be unfairly criticised. I would do the same.

Lampard had no control over Sarri leaving and the negotiations with Juventus, nor was he in a position to make an approach to Derby asking for permission to speak.

From the official approach to actually signing was a short space of time. Good to see him doing well there and ourselves are heading in the right direction as well. 

Good to seeing him doing well..?? Sari was roundly slagged off and hounded our last season and Fat boy hasn’t got close to his points total....and he still hasn’t worked out how to set up a team to defend, they have conceded more goals this season than Brighton......

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Good to seeing him doing well..?? Sari was roundly slagged off and hounded our last season and Fat boy hasn’t got close to his points total....and he still hasn’t worked out how to set up a team to defend, they have conceded more goals this season than Brighton......

Cocu had clearly stated that Top 6 is next year's target. More realistic than automatic promotion in my opinion.

Archived