Lampard vs. Cocu

no loanees. - simple as that

And had to cope with some stupid players actions and problems

Full credit to the bloke - we are in a drag race with Cardiff for 6th I reckon - even if we comes 7th. - he has done brilliantly well 

As 

a) he only arrived three weeks before season

b) had to put up with the players issues and incidents

c) blooded 7/8 rams academy player - full credit to him for that

well done Phil 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cocu has the managerial trophies so Frank needs a few in the bag to get to Phil's level. Finally getting used to Cocu apparent lack of enthusiasm. I think that he will get more enthusiastic when we win our first trophy, The Watney Cup or Similar. Cloughie's Cup on Saturday could be his first trophy. Bring it on. Cocu was struggling not to grin too much tonight in.my.opinion.

8 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Fair point but the Chelsea thing was always following Frank around whilst Cocu seems different, going about his business in an unassuming manner, flying under the radar if you like. Always a possibility bigger fish will come calling but if they do at least we won’t be left with the feeling that it was always going to happen and our manager did little to discourage it. 

A well argued response. 

I was just being a grumble monster trying to smooth out the mood swings.....?

5 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Full credit to the bloke - we are in a drag race with Cardiff for 6th I reckon - even if we comes 7th. - he has done brilliantly well 

As 

well done Phil 

We've had loanees. Mostly carp, but Matt Clarke has been pretty much a mainstay for us.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We've had loanees. Mostly carp, but Matt Clarke has been pretty much a mainstay for us.

Well we sent Pattison and Dowell back - we all agreed with that..dont want time wasting loanees any more...wanabees 

Clarke would be good for us - and I hope we can secure him full time next season

But the basis of the side is a lot better.........don't get me wrong I would love Wilson and Tomori back (if we reached the prem) but on our payroll and terms!! they have to want to play for us!!!!! Mount I have left cos he is going major places.........

2 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Well we sent Pattison and Dowell back - we all agreed with that..dont want time wasting loanees any more...wanabees 

Clarke would be good for us - and I hope we can secure him full time next season

But the basis of the side is a lot better.........don't get me wrong I would love Wilson and Tomori back (if we reached the prem) but on our payroll and terms!! they have to want to play for us!!!!! Mount I have left cos he is going major places.........

Saw Wilson playing for Bournemouth tonight and he looks shot of confidence. Given our shortages at the back I'd be happy to see Fikayo return somehow.

Of course Frank will be keen to do us a favour like he did with Ampadu......oh.....er.....hang on ?

30 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cocu came up to me and shook my hand (Pre-Covid) at the Model Village in Bourton on the Water Back in early March.

Not once did Frank attempt to shake my hand.  In fact, he barely even noticed me!  In fact(2), he's probably never even been to the Model Village in Bourton on the Water!

I know who gets my vote!

I’ve never even heard of this - what I love about this is that Cocu is embracing living here and spending time to go and do stuff away from football.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Saw Wilson playing for Bournemouth tonight and he looks shot of confidence. Given our shortages at the back I'd be happy to see Fikayo return somehow.

Of course Frank will be keen to do us a favour like he did with Ampadu......oh.....er.....hang on ?

some of these guys....will have to realise that they aint going to cut it at top clubs........

I'm not having the quality of Lampard's time here disrespected off the back of his disappointing behaviour upon leaving.

Clearly Cocu is a very studious and sensible manager, however Lampard had some divine inspiration, and Leeds away is something that comes around every 20 years, and I doubt very much that a Cocu-led Derby could find that tempo, intensity and inspiration.

Cocu is effective, in the same way Clement was, and whilst we are on a good run, it remains to be seen how we fare against the teams above us in the coming weeks.

Also, whilst we had 3 young loanees last season, they weren't always effective. Nowhere near as effective as having Rooney has been.

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’ve never even heard of this - what I love about this is that Cocu is embracing living here and spending time to go and do stuff away from football.

Actually... reading my post back... I suppose I should just clarify that... erm... he didn't exactly approach me.  It was more "He tried to back away, wondering who the duck is this in my face"... but he did shake my hand. 

...He had very little choice, seeing as there were kids about, and he had to remain calm and polite!  ?

39 minutes ago, irobinson said:

As 

well done Phil 

Fantastic effort from Phillip and lets hope he remains next season and beyond to finish what he a started,Due to lack of money he has had little choice but to blood the youngsters although Rooney as made a massive difference to how we play, since starting to play in January we would of been top of the league.

We have 5 out the top 6 still to play and i think we may come up a bit short this season which to be fair would not be a biggy for me keep the young lads playing and we will become a great side as long as we can keep them all as someone will come calling

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not having the quality of Lampard's time here disrespected off the back of his disappointing behaviour upon leaving.

Clearly Cocu is a very studious and sensible manager, however Lampard had some divine inspiration, and Leeds away is something that comes around every 20 years, and I doubt very much that a Cocu-led Derby could find that tempo, intensity and inspiration.

Cocu is effective, in the same way Clement was, and whilst we are on a good run, it remains to be seen how we fare against the teams above us in the coming weeks.

Also, whilst we had 3 young loanees last season, they weren't always effective. Nowhere near as effective as having Rooney has been.

I dont think anyones trying to take away from what Lampard did with us. Last season was the most enjoyable I've known since the Jim Smith days and that Leeds second leg was possibly my favourite match in 30-odd years of watching Derby.

But what Cocu has done equally deserves respect. This season must've been a nightmare for him and his team but they have dealt with everything so professionally and have been picking up points at the same rate Lampard did last year nonetheless. 

We've rolled the dice with managerial appointments two years in a row and they've both proved to be successful in thier own way. I just hope this one lasts a while so we can see it out to it's full potential.

29 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd be happy to see Fikayo return

Tomori never seems to even make the squad nowadays. Is he injured?

Or has Frank turned now that he'll have money to spend?

Mount dropped tonight but is now on as sub.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Think tomoris played a few  but he's 3rd  or 4th choice at Chelsea. 

Aye, he had a few games at the start of the season but that may have been because of injuries. I think he also signed a long term contract.

Chelskie are now being linked with getting Ake back from Bournemouth so that will put Tomori even further down the list.

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Seems an odd post to me. Clement? I don't see 40 mins of ball being played between the centre backs!

Lampard also had some absolutely awful games, randomly sprinkled through the season.

With the number of games coming up, game management is absolutely vital.

Archived