Lampard vs. Cocu

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who else is to blame then? You were pointing out something about behaviour.

Never even mentioned behaviour. His mates, the person filming, or even who uploaded it. Maybe they all didn’t realise how sensitive you was ??‍♂️

I like both managers. Lampard achieved a playoff final, we had some great loans. We had a few horrible matches like this season but also saw some amazing moments too. Cocu, as I said in another post, has improved our form in the second half of the season (26 points in the first half, 38 in second)- quite poor in 1st but with a weaker team than last season and little time in preparing his own team- he didn't have a big pre season and has had a lot to deal with. Lampard had his dream job offered to him, he was never going to turn it down. I think Lampard and Cocu have both given younger players a chance and I think both will be successful managers. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

Never even mentioned behaviour. His mates, the person filming, or even who uploaded it. Maybe they all didn’t realise how sensitive you was ??‍♂️

It points out his behaviour. You said Cocu would jump at a top Prem club, I agreed but said his behaviour in accepting it would be better than Lampard's and gave an example. There's another example of Lampard's classy behaviour on this very thread. You're the one who seem to be sensitive on behalf of Lampard! ?

2 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I like both managers. Lampard achieved a playoff final, we had some great loans. We had a few horrible matches like this season but also saw some amazing moments too. Cocu, as I said in another post, has improved our form in the second half of the season (26 points in the first half, 38 in second)- quite poor in 1st but with a weaker team than last season and little time in preparing his own team- he didn't have a big pre season and has had a lot to deal with. Lampard had his dream job offered to him, he was never going to turn it down. I think Lampard and Cocu have both given younger players a chance and I think both will be successful managers. 

Agree with all of that. The only fly in the ointment is Lampard drawing out leaving once it was obvious he was going. Could’ve got Cocu in earlier, proper preseason, more clarity for the transfer window etc.

But overall, I’ve enjoyed the last two seasons. Despite losing, the playoff final was a great day!

F50BE2D2-7BC9-4A3F-8A76-D5238175023A.jpeg

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It points out his behaviour. You said Cocu would jump at a top Prem club, I agreed but said his behaviour in accepting it would be better than Lampard's and gave an example. There's another example of Lampard's classy behaviour on this very thread. You're the one who seem to be sensitive on behalf of Lampard! ?

Not really behaviour though is it, I mean it’s taking a job promotion....you do realise it’s a job right?

Even Mel put out a video defending Lampard and the protracted move to Chelsea, wasn’t his fault, but cuddle up with your petty grudge if it helps you sleep at night, I’m sure Frank won’t mind ?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Even Mel put out a video defending Lampard and the protracted move to Chelsea, wasn’t his fault, but cuddle up with your petty grudge if it helps you sleep at night, I’m sure Frank won’t mind ?

Oooh la la you do get uptight with the personal point-scoring don't you Davey but I suppose it's your game.

I'm sure Lampard won't mind, I prefer my DCFC manager to behave in the manner Cocu does.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oooh la la you do get uptight with the personal point-scoring don't you Davey but I suppose it's your game.

I'm sure Lampard won't mind, I prefer my DCFC manager to behave in the manner Cocu does.

How’s it personal point scoring?

You hold a grudge over something that he didn’t set up, film or upload and the way he left the club.

The owner of this club, the man who would be fully aware of the situation felt the need to put a video out to defend and thank Frank as he didn’t think he deserved the stick he was getting.

You wanted him gone whilst he was here, so not sure why you even hold the grudge. Odd.

3 minutes ago, David said:

How’s it personal point scoring?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

but cuddle up with your petty grudge if it helps you sleep at night,

36 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe they all didn’t realise how sensitive you was ??‍♂️

Obviously that's okay because you disagree with me saying Lampards behaviour isn't classy - my original point was agreeing with your's but saying that Cocu would do it differently. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Obviously that's okay because you disagree with me saying Lampards behaviour isn't classy - my original point was agreeing with your's but saying that Cocu would do it differently. 

Again, I never mentioned behaviour. You brought that into this.

All I said to Muespach was don’t kid yourself, Cocu would leave if a top Prem club came in for him which you felt the need to jump in and turn this into some kind of behaviour class.

If you honestly think that we can appoint a manager at Derby who wouldn’t jump at the chance to join Chelsea or any of the top clubs I don’t know what to say.

We’re a second tier club. If that is the height of a managers ambition I would be seriously worried.

5 minutes ago, David said:

If you honestly think that we can appoint a manager at Derby who wouldn’t jump at the chance to join Chelsea or any of the top clubs I don’t know what to say.

Where did I ever say that.

Again, I agreed with you, but qualified it by saying that Cocu would take the 'top club' job with more class than Lampard - you then jumped to his defence, although saying he won't mind anyway.

Why would Mel feel the need to tell fans that Lampard's behaviour was fine if it didn't matter, and all that mattered was of course he'd take a 'top club' job? Mel is entitled to his opinion and you yours. Mine is that of course Lampard was always going, but the way he did it wasn't classy. MY opinion.

5 hours ago, David said:

If a top Premier League club came in for Cocu this summer. He would be off. Even without the connection Lampard has with Chelsea. Don’t kid yourself.

Yep, you are probably right.....but thankfully due to the shitshow of a season that is never happening...!! (and I doubt that Cocu has been whoring himself around other clubs like some previous managers may have done....)

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would Mel feel the need to tell fans that Lampard's behaviour was fine if it didn't matter, and all that mattered was of course he'd take a 'top club' job? Mel is entitled to his opinion and you yours. Mine is that of course Lampard was always going, but the way he did it wasn't classy. MY opinion.

Maybe he saw the comments online telling him to F off and what’s he playing around at, and felt the need to defend him. 

Natural really if you see someone you have a great relationship with be unfairly criticised. I would do the same.

Lampard had no control over Sarri leaving and the negotiations with Juventus, nor was he in a position to make an approach to Derby asking for permission to speak.

From the official approach to actually signing was a short space of time. Good to see him doing well there and ourselves are heading in the right direction as well. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, you are probably right.....but thankfully due to the shitshow of a season that is never happening...!! (and I doubt that Cocu has been whoring himself around other clubs like some previous managers may have done....)

If we put the off the field issues to ole side, a top 10 finish whilst introducing a number of academy players, would say it’s been a positive season for the long term future of the club. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If you, as a Derby fan, were manager of someone like Doncaster, then Derby came calling, I doubt you'd turn it down

The difference would be that as I am manager of Doncaster if Derby came calling as soon as they did I would go and tell the Doncaster chairman I am leaving and tell the players and fans I am leaving....not go on holiday with my mates spending all the money I knew I had coming leaving Doncaster wondering what is happening and unable to appoint a replacement for me for weeks on end.

Wow, i actually quite like being Doncaster manager....

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The difference would be that as I am manager of Doncaster if Derby came calling as soon as they did I would go and tell the Doncaster chairman I am leaving and tell the players and fans I am leaving....not go on holiday with my mates spending all the money I knew I had coming leaving Doncaster wondering what is happening and unable to appoint a replacement for me for weeks on end.

Wow, i actually quite like being Doncaster manager....

And let your Doncaster players come back to pre season training and fly to Florida still not knowing who will be in charge.

I don't blame Lampard for going but 100% agree he didn't give a toss about Derby as soon as Chelsea made contact with him. 

We got more respect off Jody Morris and the two Chelsea loanees. 

Frank did what was best for Frank and that's fine. But for that reason I won't cry when Roman gets bored of him and I certainly don't think we owe him any great thanks. 

Much more respect for Morris, Wilson, Mount and Tomori. 

Archived