Lampard vs. Cocu

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cocu has had to manage in such crazy circumstances that no credible publisher would consider a manuscript with such a (fictitious) storyline. The bizarre thing.... it's actually happened, all in one roller coaster season. Time will tell as to whether Philip Cocu can equal Franks achievement of a Wembley play off Final. One thing for sure, Cocu will never for get his first season at DCFC. 

It's probably already been said but add Carson, Keogh, Tomori, Johnson, Mount, Wilson to our squad right now and I think there's only one winner. Not to mention having the likes of Huddlestone and Bielik more regularly available. I loved having Lamps at Derby but Cocu is about as good a fit for Morris' aims as we could possibly get. The right man for the job, I have no doubt.

I’m glad we have cocu, I can see the progress of the team.  I’m also glad ( ??) that for once we will have the same manager starting the next season and I hope the one after that. A good manager and continuity is what we need for promotion and I feel that we have that now 

I think we need to put things into perspective - cold hard figures tell you that this is our worse season for the past 7 years.

But we can all see green shoots of progress - its just critical that we take the time to add real value to the squad in the areas where we all recognise improvement is needed.

Not convinced that we are certs for next year at all - but will look forward to next season as always and hope the team at least has some improvements in there (im sure it will).

Can someone show me stats or name a team that has been successful in English football, in the last thirty years, using the philosophy that Cocu is currently using? 

Possession football is not enough without the ability to score goals. You won’t score goals without pace and positive intent. 

There’s clearly a football intelligence in Cocu, but for me, he’s doing the tactical philosophy part of Derby all wrong and its a bit too Nigel Clough to ever bring success. Regardless of player quality. You can have a Ferrari but if you race in first gear, a Fiat Punto will beat you in a long race. 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Can someone show me stats or name a team that has been successful in English football, in the last thirty years, using the philosophy that Cocu is currently using? 

Possession football is not enough without the ability to score goals. You won’t score goals without pace and positive intent. 

There’s clearly a football intelligence in Cocu, but for me, he’s doing the tactical philosophy part of Derby all wrong and its a bit too Nigel Clough to ever bring success. Regardless of player quality. You can have a Ferrari but if you race in first gear, a Fiat Punto will beat you in a long race. 

Or the Ferrara you been given to race has a punto engine in it and the fans fully expect it to run and perform like a Ferrari so much so that they boo throughout races if it doesn’t then stops buying tickets to watch the races to the point that you can’t even afford the punto engine anymore and your sticking a Vespa 125 under the bonnet ,,,, it a conundrum isn’t it

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Cocu seems a little calmer...

What an arse Lampard is there. Watched bits of the match and saw the challenge this relates to, it was reckless and nasty (imo). Got to say in the choice it's always been Cocu for me.

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What an arse Lampard is there. Watched bits of the match and saw the challenge this relates to, it was reckless and nasty (imo). Got to say in the choice it's always been Cocu for me.

Yep me too,,, I reckon it boils down to lampard is for lampard and cocu is more about success for the players he’s coaching and the kids he’s nurturing,

lampard won’t last the course it’s a very different role from playing the game 

Fat boy was here for 2 reasons, the money and as a stepping stone, he treated us exactly how i expected him to, as soon as a bigger deal was thrown on the table he was off as many have said I think that if he had fluked a win at Wembley then he still would have gone but because he picked Bennett and Roos we will never know......

Cocu is here to rebuild his reputation, after the mess in Turkey I guess he thought he was coming to a some what stable environment..... Benett, Keogh, Lawrence and the other numpteys soon changed that for him.....If we go up next year, im not sure he would leave for a "bigger" club.....the one thing that could make him leave though is the constant shitstorm he has to deal with.

Overall, give me Cocu everytime over the other guy.

13 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Fat boy was here for 2 reasons, the money and as a stepping stone, he treated us exactly how i expected him to, as soon as a bigger deal was thrown on the table he was off as many have said I think that if he had fluked a win at Wembley then he still would have gone but because he picked Bennett and Roos we will never know......

Cocu is here to rebuild his reputation, after the mess in Turkey I guess he thought he was coming to a some what stable environment..... Benett, Keogh, Lawrence and the other numpteys soon changed that for him.....If we go up next year, im not sure he would leave for a "bigger" club.....the one thing that could make him leave though is the constant shitstorm he has to deal with.

If a top Premier League club came in for Cocu this summer. He would be off. Even without the connection Lampard has with Chelsea. Don’t kid yourself.

1 hour ago, David said:

If a top Premier League club came in for Cocu this summer. He would be off. Even without the connection Lampard has with Chelsea. Don’t kid yourself.

Yeah but he'd conduct it in a better manner. No birthday videos for sure, more respect.

15 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If you, as a Derby fan, were manager of someone like Doncaster, then Derby came calling, I doubt you'd turn it down

Archived