Jack Marriott - operated for groin problem

richinspain

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just so you lads know, I've marked your cards and you won't be receiving a monthly medal.

This is no place for puns, and I won't let fringe activists chip in at will.

The lad needs to lay up for a while, and iron out his injury problems without people trying to drive him out of the club.

I'm glad you've flagged this up. I wood just like to apologise and for me, this humour is now out of bounds.

10 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just so you lads know, I've marked your cards and you won't be receiving a monthly medal.

The lad needs to lay up for a while, and iron out his injury problems without people trying to drive him out of the club.

Get back in yer bunker!

12 hours ago, europia said:

Hope it all turns out OK for Jack and he can get back to scoring goals. Still believe he can be a lethal finisher in the championship. A bit surprised some Rams fans enjoy having a dig at him.  

I think that it comes down to his terrible reliability as a starter (for whatever reason) and his perceived attitude (again,for whatever reason,fair or not).

And his style seems at odds with cocus system...I've no doubt he can be lethal consistently but just not here under this regime.

On 18/06/2020 at 21:17, reverendo de duivel said:

Fore Gods sake!! What a slice of bad luck

• 2 weeks later...

If (a big if) that is true the. What could we have possibly gained from that? If we knew he needed an operation anyway then why prolong it, not as if he was banging them in was it? I can’t believe the club would inject for every game.

Fwiw I rate Jack as a natural goal scorer but there is clearly something wrong, whether that’s injuries or us not playing to his strengths remains to be seen.

New manager coming in, wanting to show what you can do, maybe thought he could delay it long enough to impress. It's not uncommon for players to play through pain, Lee Grant did it for us to finish the season a few years back.

It doesn't surprise me though, it's clear he hasn't been the same, just a shame he's had to go through months of being accused of having an attitude problem and more interested in golf whilst he's been struggling.

16 minutes ago, David said:

just a shame he's had to go through months of being accused of having an attitude problem and more interested in golf whilst he's been struggling.

yeah he said that it has been a mental struggle seeing all this speculation about his attitude etc. 

We know he’s struggled with injuries all season. Probably thought he’d be able to shake it off if given enough rest. That obviously hasn’t worked out.

I remember seeing him warming up for the Bristol game early in the season - just the kick about stuff they do. He refused to use his right foot at all, which I found odd and was fairly certain he was carrying an injury.  Worked out well in the end as he curled a peach in to the top corner with his left foot. 

Archived