Jack Marriott - operated for groin problem

richinspain

In addition to what I just rote, Jack is clearly short on confidence, but he is probably also frustrated and maybe even angry, so when he does get the ball he isn’t in the best state of mind to do something good with the ball.

After all, what he needs is some confidence building opportunities, but there are none. And because he is out of position and being asked, or told to play the wrong role, he is frustrated, and angry because he knows what would set him loose, but he is still in chains, both positional and psychological.

I don’t think playing him off Martin  Waghorn because of Waggy’s incredibly bouncy rubber shins. He can make space and play people in, but not often, and when he does the pass is often the wrong weight or speed, or direction. Apart from that ......................

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

As I’ve said a few times here, Waghorn gets himself a golden chance at least once a game. So why can’t Marriott? Always say to start worrying about strikers when they can’t get in the position to score goals. I know Waghorn isn’t prolific enough but at least he gets the chances. 

Think Marriott is on his heels too much and doesn’t attempt to create any space, no good pointing between 3 defenders looking for the impossible through ball all the time. 

Because last season we still created thing with Holmes and Lawrence added creativity in our team! Also we didn't always pass it back!  Your telling me waghorn would of had at gooden chance? Even Rooney came on looked lost and ended dropping back in to try and find the ball 

There's a few to come back / come in who might help show Jack in a more favourable light. It seems like a while since I've seen many players getting beyond him and I think he needs that tbh. We've always known he's not a hold up merchant and it's certain we won't see him prosper while he's most of his time with back to goal.

On the bright side, seems like we're trying to get a winger or two in and Byrne will bring some attacking impetus once he's bedded in. Bielik can drive forward from deep, Lawrence can run at players, Waggy can also be a handful. It feels like we may be a very different side in a few weeks so perhaps we will see more evidence of a plan and a means to execute it once Phil has the right tools for the job, so to speak.

Anyway, I'm going to sit tight and wait to see how the team I think Cocu wants to put out there get on before worrying too much. I'm certainly not going to panic with a month of the transfer window to go. I'll also be interested to see how the teams who have their players trained to the minute get on with the schedule all are facing. 

All in all, I'm still really hopeful of seeing us do well this season though it appears many others are not. It's funny how some see exciting times ahead where others see completely the opposite. I'm thinking I'm must be easily pleased!

Archived