Jack Marriott - operated for groin problem

richinspain

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Squid said:

yeah he said that it has been a mental struggle seeing all this speculation about his attitude etc. 

So why not come out with the truth at the time then?  Is he suggesting the club put him under a gagging order?  How come the truth comes out now?   Does that suggest they've had a falling out, so he don't care about now "going public"?  What's so top secret about a player playing through injury/needing injections etc?  Why not explain the situation at the time, thus minimising (or omitting) this apparent "mental struggle" and public slayings?

Maybe, just maybe, those that were suggesting an attitude problem would have been far more understanding, and quite possibly shown him more respect, had they have been informed of the facts?

So many questions... and so few answers!  ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Perhaps the medical people didn't think it needed an operation until now. 

Well yeah, but odd to be in such pain, taking pain killers and have medical staff just think it'd get better?

Maybe he just thought it best to get on with it until the medical experts decided on an op. If he had given a running commentary on his ongoing injury, there are certain supporters who would have accused him of whingeing.

The guy can't really win can he?

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's difficult for him to finish chances that are not being created.

He can't finish the ones that are either - did he put the effort in today, I wasn't wasting money watching and RD with Dawes are shyte. Steeley's okay mind.

He isn't going to be successful here, I think that is plain now. It's his last season? What to do?

Eric Steele did a full analogy on Marriott today and why he doesn’t, or will never fit into Cocus style of play. 

Ironically, Steele suggested we need a number 9, someone who can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game however he suggested the  number 9 needs pace also, something Martin didn’t have. 

I feel sorry for Jack, there’s a good player in there but i just can’t see him making it here unless there is a change of manager / system. 

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not here it seems?

What are we gonna do with Jack? He doesn't fit and he isn't going to. 

Can't see how anybody can say that about marriott after today as he tried really hard sibley struggling as there's nothing coming forward as well so you can't put it just down to marriott! Give him chance once we have some creativity in our squad 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Eric Steele did a full analogy on Marriott today and why he doesn’t, or will never fit into Cocus style of play. 

Ironically, Steele suggested we need a number 9, someone who can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game however he suggested the  number 9 needs pace also, something Martin didn’t have. 

I feel sorry for Jack, there’s a good player in there but i just can’t see him making it here unless there is a change of manager / system. 

Jack probably knows that and hoping someone comes in for him this window

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He can't finish the ones that are either - did he put the effort in today, I wasn't wasting money watching and RD with Dawes are shyte. Steeley's okay mind.

He isn't going to be successful here, I think that is plain now. It's his last season? What to do?

So you didn't watch the game but criticising him on his performance today?

Wait for the full 90 to be uploaded and give it a watch, he had little to no service at all today, his play ratings are probably based on the fact he did little because he wasn't effective due to the lack of service.

Out of all the players today it would be harsh to criticise him. Let's wait until we've got some attacking threat to support him before throwing him under the bus. 

Just now, David said:

So you didn't watch the game but criticising him on his performance today?

Did he score or manage not to swing his foot over the ball?

He's not gonna be what Cocu wants. What Cocu wants is a Chris Martin replacement. ? Never mind David. Don't worry though it won't be Chrissy. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did he score or manage not to swing his foot over the ball?

He's not gonna be what Cocu wants. What Cocu wants is a Chris Martin replacement. ? Never mind David. Don't worry though it won't be Chrissy. 

He didn't no, but it's one game and he's a completely different striker, I'm not saying he is the answer, he might not be, but I just find it incredibly harsh to criticise him for today, especially when you're going off radio commentary.

If we're pulling out poor performances today, Dutch Mike, Sibley, Knight, would all be ahead of him on the list.

3 minutes ago, David said:

but I just find it incredibly harsh to criticise him for today, especially when you're going off radio commentary.

No, not just radio commentary. Look at the player ratings, read other posters comments. If they were divided okay, but they're not. I've nothing against Marriott per se. But I don't think he's what we need or want. He needs to find form somewhere else and move on, for us and him. 

If we're pulling out poor performances today, Dutch Mike, Sibley, Knight, would all be ahead of him on the list.

A new to the Championship player and two youngsters - yeah right.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No, not just radio commentary. Look at the player ratings, read other posters comments. If they were divided okay, but they're not. I've nothing against Marriott per se. But I don't think he's what we need or want. He needs to find form somewhere else and move on, for us and him. 

As I said, he was ineffective today, no escaping that, but that wasn't down to him personally, we was poor in the final third and failed to create anything of note. We was limited to long range efforts and he was a little lost for most of the game. You could have replaced him with a number of different strikers and today I don't think it would have made any difference.

I love both Knight and Sibley, but today they offered nothing, Whittaker was probably the best of the three behind him and even then you would be struggled to write a paragraph on why that was. 

Archived