Live football thread.

Rev

First half was brilliant. Second half they both ran out of steam.

A draw does neither Chelsea or Liverpool any good really.

Both teams will have to go to City and win to stand any chance of winning the title from here.

City’s odds of 1/12 to win it from here says it all.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

First half was brilliant. Second half they both ran out of steam.

A draw does neither Chelsea or Liverpool any good really.

Both teams will have to go to City and win to stand any chance of winning the title from here.

City’s odds of 1/12 to win it from here says it all.

They’ve shot each other in the foot their really. 

People say AFCON is not given the kudos it deserves but...

Countries suffering Covid outbreaks will have to play their Africa Cup of Nations matches even if they have only 11 players available.

New guidelines from the Confederation of African Football (Caf) state matches will still go ahead even if none of the 11 players is a goalkeeper.

52 minutes ago, Yani P said:

People say AFCON is not given the kudos it deserves but...

Countries suffering Covid outbreaks will have to play their Africa Cup of Nations matches even if they have only 11 players available.

New guidelines from the Confederation of African Football (Caf) state matches will still go ahead even if none of the 11 players is a goalkeeper.

In general it doesn't, mostly because it takes place during the european season.

This one is probably going to be hamstrung by covid issues.

12 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I’m not sure how Villa are losing this. This is the worse United side I’ve seen since the 80’s. 

Villa having a perfectly good goal disallowed, may be a factor. 

Edited by 1of4

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm certainly no fan of United but that was rightly chalked off - a block by Ramsey on Cavani and then what looked like handball by Ings.

Categorically not handball and not a clear and obvious error for the block. We're told the block ruling only applies if Cavani would have got back to prevent the goal, which looked very unlikely. It was a shocking VAR decision.

I really liked how Gerrard has got Villa playing, attacking with pace and moving the ball quickly forward at every opportunity. Exciting to watch and on any other night they'd have won by a canter. There is so much we could learn from that.

Edited by Carl Sagan