Live football thread.

Rev

We'd "dropped" to 6th at HT.

FT brings us to settle at a respectable Christmas 4th place.

4pts behind 2nd with a game in hand.  Effectively 5 points if Bolton win their game in hand.

It ain't perfect.  There's a lot of work to be done.
But imo, it is very, very acceptable, and gives us plenty to be hopeful for, and plenty to look forward to.
My cockles are well and truly warmed.

... I just hope that last kick peno for wycombe doesn't prove to be costly when we chivvy up at the end of the season!  😲

25 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

We'd "dropped" to 6th at HT.

FT brings us to settle at a respectable Christmas 4th place.

4pts behind 2nd with a game in hand.  Effectively 5 points if Bolton win their game in hand.

It ain't perfect.  There's a lot of work to be done.
But imo, it is very, very acceptable, and gives us plenty to be hopeful for, and plenty to look forward to.
My cockles are well and truly warmed.

... I just hope that last kick peno for wycombe doesn't prove to be costly when we chivvy up at the end of the season!  😲

Bolton have played the same number of games as us

30 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Bolton have played the same number of games as us

That's right... We have a game in hand over the top two... and so do Bolton, but they are 2 points better off than us (currently 2 behind Peterborough, compared to our 4 behind Peterborough), which is what I was inferring.
If they (Bolton) won it (Their game in hand) before we play ours (merely an example) they would become "The new 2nd place team" (Replacing Peterborough), and we'd now be 5 points behind 2nd placed Bolton, (instead of 4 points behind the current 2nd placed Peterborough), but  still with our game in hand.

Hope that clears up your confusion.  

Not often I’ll sit down and watch the PL

I’m quite detached from it, it’s basically the same as the NFL or NBA for me at this point - I don’t hate or dislike any of the top teams no more than I hate/dislike the Dallas Cowboys or New York Knicks

And I think the online “banter” culture is embarrassing these days, just a bunch of teenagers and grown men with the brains of teenagers going round in circles, s*** memes about McTominay having more goals than the Chelsea forward line or something boring like that 

But I have to say watching Man United is actually very funny, I’m quite enjoying how bad they are

Garnacho and Hojlund couldn’t finish their dinners 

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Not often I’ll sit down and watch the PL

I’m quite detached from it, it’s basically the same as the NFL or NBA for me at this point - I don’t hate or dislike any of the top teams no more than I hate/dislike the Dallas Cowboys or New York Knicks

And I think the online “banter” culture is embarrassing these days, just a bunch of teenagers and grown men with the brains of teenagers going round in circles, s*** memes about McTominay having more goals than the Chelsea forward line or something boring like that 

But I have to say watching Man United is actually very funny, I’m quite enjoying how bad they are

Garnacho and Hojlund couldn’t finish their dinners 

This is nearly as good as the fella on the Lincoln match day thread who, at half time, lamented the dropping of 2 points.

I still say it’s papering over the cracks though. It’ll be lauded as some great turning point. Like beating Everton 3-0 or hanging on for a 0-0 draw against Liverpool. But they should be beating villa 3-2. Villas great form aside, at the start of the season, you’d out this down as a home win every day of the week. Again it shows how bad their season has been that beating villa at home get the same response as beating city away would’ve got in seasons past.

one good half of football does not mean ‘there back baby.’