Live football thread.

Rev

Rangers gone to a penalty shootout in the final..won both tosses so pens at the Rangers end and Rangers go first..

1-0

1-1

2-1

2-2

3-2

3-3

3-3 Ramsey penalty saved, poor effort..Rangers miss.

3-4

4-4

4-5 Frankfurt win..

Germans win a shootout..who would have bet on that...lol

Those Frankfurt penalties were brilliant. Almost as good as Derby’s penalties in our win over Man Utd in the League Cup.

You wouldn’t expect any keeper in the world to have been able to save any of them. They were either drilled in low and right in the corner, in off the post or top corner. 

6 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Absolutely. Need to be in it to win it. 

Plus, it annoys the fans of other clubs. ?

Winning the Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen still stands out, in my opinion, as Alex Ferguson's most remarkable achievement.  Beat both B.Munich and Real Madrid on the way I believe.

4 hours ago, Highgate said:

Winning the Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen still stands out, in my opinion, as Alex Ferguson's most remarkable achievement.  Beat both B.Munich and Real Madrid on the way I believe.

Yes, those 2 look good on the CV. 

The Munich team featured a load of the Spain 82 West German runners up, and the Madrid team had plenty of the Spain squad plus Steilike and our friend from the city ground Metgod. 

He really was a remarkable manager and learned loads from his spell in Aberdeen. Probably his most valuable lesson was the way he treated his young stars. He encouraged his Aberdeen players to play at all costs, get injections and play through the pain barrier. They played week in week out, and never really hit the heights after Aberdeen

When Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Neville etc came through he nurtured them in the early years so that they had more longevity. 

I was just glad we didn't have to have a Staunchageddon on top of last weekends Timpocolypse.

Just two finals left for rotten teams to lose and Leeds to find their way down and it won't have been that bad in terms of teams that aren't Derby.

And can we please nominate Aberdeen and Dundee, or ICT, or St Johnston, or even the bloody Edinburgh clubs to step up and be dominant in Scottish football? Just for a bit. Just to give Glasgow folks a rest from it.

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was just glad we didn't have to have a Staunchageddon on top of last weekends Timpocolypse.

Just two finals left for rotten teams to lose and Leeds to find their way down and it won't have been that bad in terms of teams that aren't Derby.

And can we please nominate Aberdeen and Dundee, or ICT, or St Johnston, or even the bloody Edinburgh clubs to step up and be dominant in Scottish football? Just for a bit. Just to give Glasgow folks a rest from it.

I think Hearts might run them close tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the gulf in revenues mean there won't be a title challenge in my lifetime, but the cups are up for grabs. 

The clubs are desperate for any money this year. I pay £244 per year for a DNA membership, which was setup to help fund transfers and youth development. 

In return I get % off the club shop, discounted tickets and a replica home or away shirt every season plus a gift.

I received my renewal phone call from the club today and I said I wasn't sure if I was renewing this year. Straight away he knocked £100 off the price. They'd had loads of people saying that with the increased cost of living they had to sacrifice something. 

I reckon loads of clubs will face the same issue.