Ikechi Anya......

MidWalesRam

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Was Anya one of Sam Rush's super duper deals from his web of agency contacts? 

Absolute chancer that bloke. 

Funny enough, he's been quoted in a Athletic article today. 

The theme was the difficulty in getting rid of unwanted players on high salaries.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not taking a transfer which reduces your income I can understand, but could we not have got him a loan and at least taken a bit of the burden off. Even if the loaning club were only paying £5k a week it'd have helped....

He had the opportunity to go out on loan but didn't take it, according to Ed Dawes. I believe Birmingham was mentioned. 

If i was a footballer & signed for a club i had no love (so basically anyone other than Derby) id sit on the bench, train with the reserves & see out my massive contract if i wasn't getting another massive contract not to play. In fact towards the end of my career when i feel old & knackered id prefer to be paid not to play ?

Anya  & Vydra ...wasn't Pearson,s first choices ... he wanted Jonathan Kodjia & Fernado Forestieri .... Derby wanted to pay instalments on Kodjia  but Villa nipped in and paid in full ..... Forestieri did go on strike at Wednesday  in hope to join us ...  then later returned ...  admitted it sure never worked out for Pearson or Anya 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Am I the only one that the day he signed I was actually quite happy with it.

OK it was probably the biggest financial mistake we ever made but I thought he was a decent player at Watford!

No, I also thought we were getting a decent player. Thought the £4m was maybe £1-1.5m too much 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

No, I also thought we were getting a decent player. Thought the £4m was maybe £1-1.5m too much 

I reckon it was a Sam Rush special. 

£2m or so up front, £10k a game after a certain amount upto the £4m.

Maybe the clause was written in such a way any games out on loan counted, it was a last minute deal so it's possible.

5 minutes ago, Jram said:

Agree with many posters that Anya has done nothing wrong and is entitled to see out the contract

Galling though that his continued presence has held the club back ?

If you can pin the apparent woes of the club on one player then you need to look at the bigger picture. 

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you can pin the apparent woes of the club on one player then you need to look at the bigger picture. 

I’m obviously not pinning the club’s woes entirely on Anya’s contract but it’s 6 m pounds less to spend over 4 years just in wages 

Thats one Bradley Johnson 

13 hours ago, rammieib said:

Am I the only one that the day he signed I was actually quite happy with it.

OK it was probably the biggest financial mistake we ever made but I thought he was a decent player at Watford!

No, you're not alone

As i recall i was over the moon when Blackman joined up

Really shows how much an error can cost .

Remember Glick on the Radio during the das of ltd spend getting exasperated when quizzed about parachute payments and lack of signings.  Let it slip that the cost of one player was 3 million fee, wages at the club and a payoff amounting to nearly 5.5 million for less than 30 games.  I would assume this was Claude.

52 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Although you can't blame him seeing out the contract that Derby gave him. He might be rueing not going out on loan and showing what he can potentially do.

Happy to sit in the reserves must be a red flag to a potential future club.

I personally don't think he ever intended to go anywhere after us. 32 and constant injury problems. its not like he will be homeless after the millions we paid him. I assume he will just retire now.

17 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Two seasons without playing in the 1st team and being paid £27,000 per week (£2,808,000) is unforgivable.

If there were several transfer offers he should have gone and that's just cheating the club, with the club just as gullible in allowing it to happen.

How do you know he was on this wage? If this is true then it just highlights the recruitment problems we have had as a club. 

Archived