Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Things always seem to kick off with Derby whenever I'm in Cornwall.

We sacked Clough

Hired Stevie Mac

Sacked Pearson

Rowett left

Hired Lampard

Beat Man U on penalties under Lamps

Beat Leeds 2nd leg playoffs (best yet)

Joiners gate

Every single one of those happened when I went away to St Ives.

Pack the car up then so we can add "Signed a Polish international winger" to the list.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Now that Craig Bryson is leaving Aberdeen would he be tempted to return on drastically reduced wages on a pay as you play basis - Damm fine player and we might need his experience 

If he played any position other than centre mid possibly, but it’s the one position we’re okay. Holmes, Knight, Rooney, Sibley, Bird, Evans etc. 

3 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Don’t know how I would feel about Roberts. All my Leeds mates rate him and want to keep him but don’t know how he would fair up top by himself.

I like him a lot. I did a little bit of research on him when we was linked as I didn't know too much about him. 

He's an extremely talented player with the ball at his feet. He's really got an edge to his game which is undeniable, extremely positi.e and does (in my opinion) have many levels to his game. The problems, however, are well documented - he's injury prone. He's been moved around a lot of the front three. He's still developing. 

I'm in two minds: I think a loan move benefits Leeds more so than us because I think his ability could see him become a standout player at this level. However, if we sign him permanently, probably for good money then he proves to keep getting injured then he'll quickly become a problem player. 

I'm honest enamored by his ability though, he really is an exceptional footballer. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I like him a lot. I did a little bit of research on him when we was linked as I didn't know too much about him. 

He's an extremely talented player with the ball at his feet. He's really got an edge to his game which is undeniable, extremely positi.e and does (in my opinion) have many levels to his game. The problems, however, are well documented - he's injury prone. He's been moved around a lot of the front three. He's still developing. 

I'm in two minds: I think a loan move benefits Leeds more so than us because I think his ability could see him become a standout player at this level. However, if we sign him permanently, probably for good money then he proves to keep getting injured then he'll quickly become a problem player. 

I'm honest enamored by his ability though, he really is an exceptional footballer. 

Sounds like this could be a positive signing if the loan deal includes an option to buy at the end of the season.

ive seen him play a handful of times but always at number 10 but from what you’ve said he sounds like a young talent. Maybe this could be one of the two Cocu spoke of. I know Leeds are in for another striker and an attacking midfielder so if one of those arrives he may be allowed to leave.

48 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Sounds like this could be a positive signing if the loan deal includes an option to buy at the end of the season.

ive seen him play a handful of times but always at number 10 but from what you’ve said he sounds like a young talent. Maybe this could be one of the two Cocu spoke of. I know Leeds are in for another striker and an attacking midfielder so if one of those arrives he may be allowed to leave.

May be decided on how much he celebrated at PP? Did he respect fixtures and fittings? 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Now that Craig Bryson is leaving Aberdeen would he be tempted to return on drastically reduced wages on a pay as you play basis - Damm fine player and we might need his experience 

If he can’t hack it in the Soggie Pants League how will he cope back playing 2 or 3 levels higher in the Championship?

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

34 years old in a couple of months and he wasn’t playing that well when he left.Best we remember him fondly for his years of excellent service and not let sentiment cloud our better judgment.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I think he's wanting to be closer to his family in Ayrshire. 

He has hardly played 2 consecutive games in a year and has struggled to make any impact when he's made it into the park. 

Seems like we are aiming for an RB, LW, RW and an ST this window and I think there are some good options about:

RB: Byrne would be a good cheap option or Freeman for free. If we just want 1 year of cover we could go for Simon Francis as a back-up? Personally I’d like us to go for Perry Ng, he’s highly rated and is decent going forward and defending. Only got 1 year left on his contract so wouldn’t cost too much, and he’d have good resale value.

Wingers: I’d love us to go for Bright Osayi-Samuel, QPR accepted an offer for £4.75m earlier in the window and he still hasn’t signed a new contract so perhaps we could get him a bit cheaper, maybe throw Jozefzoon into the deal? Plays mainly RW, is quick, direct and can beat defenders - would be ideal for our team. We could also look at Patrick Roberts on loan from Man City.

ST: Although he’s injured till October, Sam Cosgrove would be ideal, he’s tall, strong and relatively mobile and can play the lone striker role. Aberdeen accepted an offer of around £2m earlier in the summer so he would be in our price range. Failing that Zohore is being allowed out on loan so could be a good option if the wages aren’t too high. I’d also be keen on Keinan Davis as others have mentioned, he’s got the ability to bully defenders and might find some scoring form if he’s given some regular game time, and he’s got a year left on his contract.

Some decent and relatively affordable options there IMO.

Archived