Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Surely we need both... But deal would be too good to miss. Waghorn and Whittaker could play as a rw next season, deal that position later. 

Agree that we need both, but with bodies to cover us up front I think they are right to focus on the wings. I reckon with enough service Waghorn and Marriott will at the very least do an adequate job this season without setting the league on fire.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Today's press conference:

Cocu: “We will not be done with one winger and one defender. There is room for one more offensive player.”

Having previously been in for two wingers and a striker (as we all agree we need), I wonder if this means Jozefzoon is now staying.

Noticed he is still training with the first team despite no squad number. Disappointing if so.

We always seem to take ages with transfers, I don’t know what the problem is. Other clubs don’t seem to (they may well do and I just don’t take notice) 

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

Having previously been in for two wingers and a striker (as we all agree we need), I wonder if this means Jozefzoon is now staying.

Noticed he is still training with the first team despite no squad number. Disappointing if so.

Unless when he plays he actually delivers which he is capable of doing - just hasn’t for us especially at home 

2 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Cocu also said today one may leave, which I think must be Josefzoon.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The extra offensive player referred to by Cocu could be a winger or CF, depending on the best one available. A CF means Waghorn plays more on the RW, a winger means Waghorn plays more at CF. My money would be on signing a CF as that's where we have less depth.

I wouldn't want waghorn as my main striker to be honest in my opinion. He's not going to get you 20 goals and his 1 on 1 finishing isn't the best if marriott can't do it either we need a younger version of martin but in my opinion wish we had kept martin for at least another year as with covid hes going to be hard to replace cheap 

Time to tap Frank up for a favour, and ask for Faustino Anjorin on loan for the season. 

Can play either flank and also as a 10. 

Quick, tall and skillful, his versatility could be very useful for both us and the player himself, in terms of getting minutes on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Time to tap Frank up for a favour, and ask for Faustino Anjorin on loan for the season. 

Quick, tall and skillful, his versatility could be very useful for both us and the player himself, in terms of getting minutes on the pitch.

I dont think Chelsea or Frank would be willing to do us any kind of favour.

In our financial situation, if Chelsea were willing to send us players as a favour we would have had 4 last season and 4 this year.

We burnt bridges, we arent being sent any life boats....as Mr Jody Morris alluded to.

19 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

For a minute I thought that said Faustino Asprilla. 

Archived