Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Any seen karlan ahearne grant? 4th top goalscorer in the league this year for Huddersfield scored 19 goals and he's only 22 , last year in he prem with them he scored 4 in 13 at the age of 21 , would be quality 

Good player.

Huddersfield turned down 15mill for him from a champ club in jan. Rumours were leeds and Fulham at the time.

Think he will probably go, however the fee will be big and beyond our reach I feel.

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Good player.

Huddersfield turned down 15mill for him from a champ club in jan. Rumours were leeds and Fulham at the time.

Think he will probably go, however the fee will be big and beyond our reach I feel.

Didn't know that,  maybe they would take a cut price fee now if they need money after lockdown 

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So who else on that list could be interested in our player or we're interested in theirs?

Burnley back in for Bogle

Phillips/Bonne from Charlton

Murphy from Newcastle

Clarke back from Brighton

Chelsea youngster on loan?

Maybe someone in for Jozefzoon/Malone/Bennett

I seem to remember Sheffield Wednesday were linked with Bennett before, but I don't know if it was a genuine link or a dodgy twitter one.

Meite from Reading would suit our needs at right wing / inside forward - fast strong and scores goals and yes we would have to buy him but for how much ? And could we afford his wages? But he is the type I think we will be looking for 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Meite from Reading would suit our needs at right wing / inside forward - fast strong and scores goals and yes we would have to buy him but for how much ? And could we afford his wages? But he is the type I think we will be looking for 

Matey-Bubble-Bath-Adventures-Triple-Pack.jpg

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

So who else on that list could be interested in our player or we're interested in theirs?

Burnley back in for Bogle

Phillips/Bonne from Charlton

Murphy from Newcastle

Clarke back from Brighton

Chelsea youngster on loan?

Maybe someone in for Jozefzoon/Malone/Bennett

I'm going to guess Phillips from Charlton. With the recent news about him not signing a contract, it would fit.

5 hours ago, KBB said:

If we are after a player who is at the possible bottom end of their value, who we might be able to get on a very cheap deal that probably wouldn't have been possible before I would have a risky punt on Benik Afobe.

Injuries have stop his career the last 2 seasons or so. He had the tragic death of his young child yo contend with too.

He may never be the same player he was at wolves when he was probably the best striker in the division by a country mile.

If and it's a big if, a huge if, a very risky if, we can get him fit, happy and up to speed he is a player who can run in behind, hold it up, strong, quick, can score every type of goal. The type of player we need.

Season long loan? Stoke signing fletcher might signal the end of his time there.

He is yesterdays man, however if money is tight we have to risk a player who could potentially be something special.

Huge gamble but with potential rewards.

I just checked wiki and Benik Afobe was born on my 21st birthday.  Let's go make it happen.

Liam rosenior said in an interview at the start of lockdown, that he and the scouting team had watched over a thousand players in preparation for the transfer window. 
if that was the case then why are we not making moves for players?

whats the benefit in not moving early in the market. There are some good free agents about at the moment and we are letting them get picked off by all the other clubs

5 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Liam rosenior said in an interview at the start of lockdown, that he and the scouting team had watched over a thousand players in preparation for the transfer window. 
if that was the case then why are we not making moves for players?

whats the benefit in not moving early in the market. There are some good free agents about at the moment and we are letting them get picked off by all the other clubs

Because we don't know what the efl verdict and punishment is. 

Archived