Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Schindlers List - Netflix

I've wanted to watch this for the 30 years it's been out but the wife never did and I was hesitant that it would just depress me.

The was going out on Saturday and as it gets thrown off Netflix at the end of this month I thought I'd watch it.

Totally remarkable.

Seldom have I seen a film where the acting, screenwriting and direction are all almost flawless.

I can see why it scores 9.0 on IMDb.

A harrowing yet heart lifting story and not for the squeamish.

It's tough to say you enjoyed a movie like this for obvious reasons, but jeez if you haven't watched it you probably should.

Steve Bloomer/10

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've wanted to watch this for the 30 years it's been out but the wife never did and I was hesitant that it would just depress me.

The was going out on Saturday and as it gets thrown off Netflix at the end of this month I thought I'd watch it.

Totally remarkable.

Seldom have I seen a film where the acting, screenwriting and direction are all almost flawless.

It's tough to say you enjoyed a movie like this for obvious reasons, but jeez if you haven't watched it you probably should.

Steve Bloomer/10

I’m still traumatised by it. I watched it about 10years ago and can’t think of many occasions where I’ve genuinely sobbed. I mean sobbed too. I’m often teary-eyed, but sobbing is rare. 

I dare say it changed my outlook on humanity and history. 

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Totally remarkable.

Steve Bloomer/10

It's one of my top 10 films of all time - your synopsis is spot on.  It's a film everyone should watch. Shocking and compelling all in one. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m still traumatised by it. I watched it about 10years ago and can’t think of many occasions where I’ve genuinely sobbed. I mean sobbed too. I’m often teary-eyed, but sobbing is rare. 

I dare say it changed my outlook on humanity and history. 

It's certainly an excellent and powerful film (especially the credits at the end if I remember correctly). I'd say I personally was deeply moved rather than traumatised.

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Totally remarkable.

Steve Bloomer/10

It's an utter gut-wrencher, and I need a fresh box of tissues every time I watch.

(The same can be said for other movies - just not in the same way).

• 3 weeks later...

Master (new on Amazon Prime)

A hard one to rate. Imdb says it's: "Three women strive to find their place at an elite Northeastern university as old as the country. When anonymous racist attacks target a Black freshman, who insists she is being haunted by ghosts of the school's past, each woman must determine where the real menace lies."

....which doesn't really feel like the same film I watched. It definitely invokes "Get out" but I'm honestly not sure what it was about. Good cast and definitely unsettling and a bit spooky but it's being marketed as Horror - which it isn't.

6/10

The Batman 

Started off exactly as I hoped. Dark, brooding, vaguely 'emo' (put me in mind of The Crow) with great visuals and soundtrack.

Started to drag a little towards the end and become slightly predictable but still a great attempt at breathing new life into it.

8/10

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard - I like Reynolds and Jackson. I also like Hopper (in Black Sails and The Umbrella Academy anyway) but this was poor.  A few chuckles yes, but this is a sequel that should never have happened imo.  Only because of the chuckles......5/10

The Duke: Lovely 'small' UK comedy drama, in the mould of Ealing comedies, kitchen sink movies. If you like films like Made in Dagenham, Calendar Girls, Kinky Boots, BIlly Elliott and the like then you will like this. Almost unbelievable story, fantastic acting from a couple of national treasures. OK, not the best film you've ever seen but a warming affair all round.

Half time Bovril / 10

On 14/03/2022 at 08:04, Bob The Badger said:

Totally remarkable.

Steve Bloomer/10

For a black and white film, it's single use of colour is one of the greatest bits of cinematography I can remember.

On 04/04/2022 at 12:56, Chester40 said:

The Batman 

Started off exactly as I hoped. Dark, brooding, vaguely 'emo' (put me in mind of The Crow) with great visuals and soundtrack.

Started to drag a little towards the end and become slightly predictable but still a great attempt at breathing new life into it.

8/10

I watched it today.

Dark, moody, I definitely see similarities with The Crow. I have to say I started to drift off to sleep a couple of times. It’s way too long - nearly 3 hours. I don’t see why films like this need to be that long. It seems to be a trend recently. 
6.5/10 so I’d say a Spencer Prior/10! 

On 04/04/2022 at 12:56, Chester40 said:

The Batman 

8/10

On 06/04/2022 at 19:51, enachops said:

I watched it today.

Dark, moody, I definitely see similarities with The Crow. I have to say I started to drift off to sleep a couple of times. It’s way too long - nearly 3 hours. I don’t see why films like this need to be that long. It seems to be a trend recently. 
6.5/10 so I’d say a Spencer Prior/10! 

Yep, simile reaction here. The 3 I went with didn’t like it, thought it was too long and boring. However, I quite enjoyed that it was a different retelling. Liked the year 2 element - not another beginning story or end of his reign. I love the Dark Knight trilogy, so was also glad it wasn’t an attempt to copy that, as it would have fallen short and I’d have been more disappointed.

I've avoided this film since it was released, assuming it wasn't very good, but I read a making of article recently so tried it.

Mike Bassett, England Manager, is a British jem, enjoyable and with real heart, I liked it very much.

Johnny Russell/10.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I've avoided this film since it was released, assuming it wasn't very good, but I read a making of article recently so tried it.

Mike Bassett, England Manager, is a British jem, enjoyable and with real heart, I liked it very much.

Johnny Russell/10.

Watched it for the first time just before the Euros. Completely agree with your assessment, though I went in with high expectations.