Leeds v Derby Match Thread

Day

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can remember exactly where I was sat watching this, and what I was drinking, it’s one of them memories like were was you when you found out Elvis had died.

I recon the neighbours wondered what the hell all the banging and shouting was all about?

Went up to Leeds determined to get right behind the lads whayever the result and make some noise against those annoyingly complacent Leeds supporters. Ended up rubbing their noses in it after one of the best matches of my life! 

Will never forget it. 

Got my away shirt ready for kick off.

This was one of those games where you wonder if football will ever give you a feeling like it again

I had to get up at 3 to go on holiday the next day and I remember thinking there was no point even trying to sleep because I had so much adrenaline. Then drove my girlfriend mad for the next week because I couldn’t stop watching highlights or reading about the game

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

This was one of those games where you wonder if football will ever give you a feeling like it again

I had to get up at 3 to go on holiday the next day and I remember thinking there was no point even trying to sleep because I had so much adrenaline. Then drove my girlfriend mad for the next week because I couldn’t stop watching highlights or reading about the game

She doesn't deserve you.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I can remember exactly where I was sat watching this, and what I was drinking, it’s one of them memories like were was you when you found out Elvis had died.

I recon the neighbours wondered what the hell all the banging and shouting was all about?

I was in a pub called the Bluff Inn, St Ives, there was a family of Leeds fans who went mental when they scored. I very nearly left to go back to my wife, if it wasnt for a Watford fan talking to me about Will Hughes.

And then the night turned on its head somewhat!

I ended up getting lost in sand dunes and shrubs and couldn't find my caravan.

Banging night!

What a night to be a Derby fan at the Uni of Leeds. How I didn’t get stabbed that night pissed in town chanting about Jack Marriott I’ll never know. I’m pretty sure I ended up in the middle of some random housing estate at some point riding a bike through the streets. I don’t even have a bike

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was in a pub called the Bluff Inn, St Ives, there was a family of Leeds fans who went mental when they scored. I very nearly left to go back to my wife, if it wasnt for a Watford fan talking to me about Will Hughes.

And then the night turned on its head somewhat!

I ended up getting lost in sand dunes and shrubs and couldn't find my caravan.

Banging night!

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would have thought anyone that told me the outcome would have been Bluff Inn.

I watched it home, my Mrs probably saved me from a right kicking by talking me out of going to the pub. It would have been full of Leeds(it was for the first leg even though it should be Bradford territory), and I wouldn't have been able to stop my self screaming yes yes ducking yes, quite oblivious to the hostility I would have got. It was one of the top 3 games ever.

Best night of my life so far, and the night that ruined my first-year exams.

I had my first exam the day after the match, and I obviously didn’t get much sleep. Revision for my other exams was disrupted in the following couple of weeks, first by constantly watching and reading about the game, and second by constantly checking for Wembley updates and trying to get two lots of tickets.

Wouldn’t have changed it for the world. It should be a lesson to anyone who writes us off.

I was unfortunately abroad when this game took place so I could only follow on the BBC live text. Needless to say I was shaking refreshing the feed during the game and beside myself with joy for the rest of the night after it.

I still haven't been able to watch the full 90 minutes so I am thrilled to get the opportunity today!

I have a feeling we're going to win this one. Quote me, screenshot me, @ me.

Most of you know my family history ( im the ONLY Ram in a family of Leeds...long story, its generally been hideous) so this game, yes this game even at my age having seen 2 league championships, scoring 4 past Real Madrid, giving Benfica a football lesson, seeing Dean Saunders silence Arsenal at Highbury and set up that dramatic Liverpool v Arsenal last game of season match, seeing 5-0 v Forest and so much more... Well, you could add all my Derby highlights together, every great feeling added up and it wont come close to the 2nd leg at Elland Road. 

My lovely wife even stayed up late to sit with me she was so worried that football was finally going to see me off. Im standing in my living room at midnight in Swedish Lapland, only a foot away from the telly, screaming, holding myself, making promises to God... Please, please, please let us win. It was surreal, delightful, delicious, perfect. 

I dont think I will ever feel that way in victory again. I dont think i even really cared that much about the final v Villa. This was THE one. 

One happy happy Ram. Travelled to London next day just glowing. 

It’s half time, last cup of tea before the ale starts flowing. Really hoping I’m not drowning my sorrows in 45 minutes. Got to believe we can do this. Keep the faith Rams, game on. Let’s go. If we do turn this round I’m having extra ale tonight. And hey everyone I’ll buy first round too ?

Archived