Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cannable said:

This thread’s just reminded me.

What happened to that poster who was quite seriously ill who used to look into the accounts? 

I can’t remember his name. Is he alright? 

Ramblur. He hasn't posted for a couple of years so I fear the worst. 

38 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Mods - any chance we can keep all of the finance/loan comments in one thread? Seems there are two parallel streams both saying pretty much the same thing at the moment....

I'm sure I've seen that post some place else before. ?

Has anyone ever seen you and @Gaspode in the same room at the same time?

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ramslaar, I agree with all you have said in this thread but, and not being mischievous, are you in the know? I suspect you are!

Maybe but that would be telling and to be honest even if I was I wouldn't say on here as there is no way I could justify it.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not arguing with what Cocu is trying to do. I'm saying you can't make silk purses out of sows ears! Who has left our Academy and made a high level career that we've missed out playing? Not many if any is the point. 

To bring through youth the quality has to be there.

Totally agree but some of this youth has been there in the past 2 plus years yet no one and I mean no one has tryed to guide them with the exception of cocu.why do you think that is......many managers like experience as this is the fastest way to get what they need in THERE career.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or they weren't then good enough and/or fit. Hardly a pot of gold there though is there!

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Invest away, but if they aren't good enough they aren't good enough.

But you will never really know unless you play them.look at bogle he was in the u18 before lampard gave him the chance....

2 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

Totally agree but some of this youth has been there in the past 2 plus years yet no one and I mean no one has tryed to guide them with the exception of cocu.why do you think that is......many managers like experience as this is the fastest way to get what they need in THERE career.

Yep- spot on.

Also I think with Cocu, he comes from a totally different culture in Holland where youth is developed & pushed through the ranks into the first team. In interviews he always seems to take the medium/long term view too (4 year contract etc.) which I am certain will put us in a much better and sustainable place in the future.

3 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

Lampard tried. I think he got lucky with Bogle being so unproven no-one (we were happy with) would take him on loan. The only manager to give Bennett a real go in the team as well. Lowe was given a few games before judged to be 'not ready yet'. Bird given a few games and also wasn't quite ready. Gave MacDonald, Ravas, JML (a few mins vs Stoke), Buchanan, Knight and Wilson a spot on the bench to give them a taste.

With Cocu, you could argue Buchanan and Bird only got there chances due to injuries to so many first team players, but it's evident with the countless other academy lads that Cocu wants to give game time to as many as possible. I think at the end of the West Brom game Bogle was the outfielder with the most games at Championship level, with Evans as the oldest outfielder (25).

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lampard tried. I think he got lucky with Bogle being so unproven no-one (we were happy with) would take him on loan. The only manager to give Bennett a real go in the team as well. Lowe was given a few games before judged to be 'not ready yet'. Bird given a few games and also wasn't quite ready. Gave MacDonald, Ravas, JML (a few mins vs Stoke), Buchanan, Knight and Wilson a spot on the bench to give them a taste.

With Cocu, you could argue Buchanan and Bird only got there chances due to injuries to so many first team players, but it's evident with the countless other academy lads that Cocu wants to give game time to as many as possible. I think at the end of the West Brom game Bogle was the outfielder with the most games at Championship level, with Evans as the oldest outfielder (25).

Spot on 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/more-30m-loan-figure-Derby-4424260

The amount has not been revealed although reports that the figure is £30m appear wide of the mark, DerbyshireLive understands.

Derby had a mortgage of £15m on Pride Park Stadium which was settled when Mel Morris bought the club outright in September 2015.

The club has now taken out a loan that, we understand, effectively replaces that mortgage and is believed to be for the same amount, and Morris has granted the security for the loan against the stadium (which is in his ownership) while the club looks to finalise investment.

Looks like the loan might actually be for half of the amount reported elsewhere, £15m.

18 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/more-30m-loan-figure-Derby-4424260

Looks like the loan might actually be for half of the amount reported elsewhere, £15m.

Yeah does look like that actually. I'm sure that extra info wasn't on the story I read, but I probably got sick of the ads and gave up!

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah does look like that actually. I'm sure that extra info wasn't on the story I read, but I probably got sick of the ads and gave up!

Sorry, I completely missed your post, I must have been typing when you posted. I saw Steve Nicholson's tweet and thought it was interesting.

I did like the "wide of the mark" part of the article, just a bit! ?

It does make you wonder where on earth the £30m number came from though doesn't it? If it is actually £15m, how could someone get it quite so wrong?

Archived