Derby v Notts Forest Match Thread

Day

Just arrived at the ground, thanks to @rynny for putting on full breakfast for 50 French kids. 
they are really excited, just hope we can put on a performance for them....mind you at least The game is on this time...!!!

by the way, what’s is this “since I was young” song they are all singing...??? Never heard It before. What are The words? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of getting carried away, I reckon we can go all the way after that performance. Realistically though I reckon automatically is a bridge too far if I'm honest. However I reckon a trip to sunny Wembley is well within reach. In true Derby fashion we'll probably rooster it up though and it'll most likely rain on the day too. COYR.

Ratings.

Grant - 6 nothing to do

Wisdom - 7 sound in defence but could've got forward more

Forsyth - 6 got forward but wasteful with his passing. I'm sure it'll be something he'll work on improving.

Keogh - 7 eyes seem strangely indented. I think we'd miss him bringing the ball forward if he ever got injured.

Bucko - 8 it's Bucko

Georgeous - 7 strolled through his debut

Hendrick - 7 didn't need to exert himself, it was only Forest, took his goal well

Bryson - 9 late arriving, goalscoring energetic midfield play at its best. Will be seen as a Derby legend for that game alone

Bamford - 7 I cannot imagine him ever playing that well again

Martin - 8 played the link role perfectly. I can see Derby teams being built around him until at least 2022

Ward - 7 high energy until injured

Sub: Russell - 8 high energy, super goal

Sub: Hughes, cameo

5 hours ago, TimRam said:

Got my bog roll to throw on the pitch #1970s......let the scramble commence.

I really miss that. I remember being in the Ossie End and chaps hurling Izal toilet* roll onto the pitch.

* Izal was rubbish at the job it was designed for but actually made for brilliant football ticker. No trains across England on a Saturday would have any toilet roll after about midday. 

8351DACD-A701-4FAC-AA45-FAFA433B8470.jpeg

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Shame Martin didn’t get that cheeky flick. Would’ve been a cracking goal, and he totally deserved one. And 6-0 would have been truly historic. 

I watched it on catch up so daren't look at this thread earlier as I didn't want to know the score. ?

Totally agree about Martin's flick and I don't think he's scored for us against Forest yet, has he? 

I thought 4th April would be his day - it might be a bit afterwards but I strongly fancy him to break his duck against them when we do eventually play it.

Archived