Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

3 Brighton players have tested positive for Coronavirus, which you would think kills any chance of foot returning any time soon.

Maybe the season could be finished using Derby Telegraphs ultra realistic results simulator?

Brighton were so keen to finish the season - huge shame for them......?

27 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Two of the three had Covid19 in March and are now recovered. There is only one player self isolating. Don’t understand the opposition to neutral venues, even if you were allowed to play at home the ground would be empty ?????? 

What's the betting Leeds and Liverpool have zero cases!

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

3 Brighton players have tested positive for Coronavirus, which you would think kills any chance of foot returning any time soon.

Maybe the season could be finished using Derby Telegraphs ultra realistic results simulator?

Matches weren’t due to start for another month, so I doubt it’ll change anything. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

On the contrary Mackworth. Money is king mate. Health isnt important at all. 

Dynamo Dresden have ten players with the virus, the club is going into two weeks quarantine but still German football plans to come back next weekend!!! This selfishness is really really turning me off football and its evil kerching kerching, gotta gotta gottaa get the money at any cost backdrop. Urghhhhhh. 

37 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Pretty much a given that we will not be back to PP in a hurry and this season for sure. When should we reasonably expect some kind of com from the club re. tickets and ST for this season and next I guess ? Whatever that might be.

We'll get very little info from the club, until final decisions are made by... or forced upon... EFL. 
DCFC know little more than we do at this juncture, and anything they did say would be mere conjecture.  Too many "Ifs", and not enough "Buts"... or vice versa!  ? 

Understandable, in the circumstances.

On 10/05/2020 at 12:21, hintonsboots said:

Two of the three had Covid19 in March and are now recovered. There is only one player self isolating. Don’t understand the opposition to neutral venues, even if you were allowed to play at home the ground would be empty ?????? 

I think it’s plainly obvious they are scared of relegation.

On 10/05/2020 at 12:21, hintonsboots said:

I think you want to get every advantage you can, you can train on your own ground, cut the grass how you want, sit in your own dressing room and just feel more comfortable, especially if you know that the crowd is not going to get on your back after 5 minutes.

Having said that, are some clubs trying to get the season abandoned, to avoid relegation.

I'm sure Liverpool would happily play at Goodison, if it meant completing the season.

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Pretty much a given that we will not be back to PP in a hurry and this season for sure. When should we reasonably expect some kind of com from the club re. tickets and ST for this season and next I guess ? Whatever that might be.

It’s already been confirmed to be behind closed doors for the remainder of this season I think, so I’m surprised there hasn’t been some sort of announcement about partial season ticket refunds - especially since I’m pretty sure we offered individual ticket refunds for the remaining games straight away. 

I guess there’s still no absolute certainty surrounding the arrangements for next season, so it’s difficult to make a decision on next years season tickets just yet. I think it’s pretty clear that no one will be attending a football match live at least until the new year, possibly not even before the end of next season. But I suppose until there’s some confirmation on that from the league, then clubs can’t make a decision to switch to half season tickets/ stop selling them at all. I expect we will hear more about the plans for next season over the next few weeks once this season resumes, but until that point, I imagine we’ll just have to shell out for full season tickets if we want them and get refunded at a later date once the arrangements are confirmed.

On 07/05/2020 at 08:52, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Times say EPL and championship to restart on 12th June behind closed doors. 3 to 4 Games played every day of the week in their own time slot, league to finish end of July. Strong desire to put majority of games free to air (youtube may be) but thats for EPL, no mention of championship. Few hurdles to clear but sounds like it could happen.

Re the atmosphere...options to have small fan parks 50 to 200 with social distancing with their reaction sent to the ground, fake crowd noises, dressing up stands with banners etc. German company suggested using their Myapplause app to send live virtual reactions to cheer, sing, clap. Brilliiant.

People are overlooking the fact that there are 2 Welsh clubs in the Championship. I don't see any movement until Wales relax their measures.

Archived