Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

EFL announce all matches suspended until 3rd April

I think this spells the end of this season, a scientist on sky news last night said the worst will hit us around Easter, so no way the season will start up again in April, assuming what he said was right.

People joking about Leeds and Liverpool, but I honestly cant see how this season is going to be finished.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just postpone Euros and finish season off whenever it's safe again. Maybe play twice a week in June and July with next season starting in August.

Wouldn't be right to end a season and start off a new one a few weeks after, I guarantee if all the games are played for this season next season won't start until atleast mid-September.

22 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Wouldn't be right to end a season and start off a new one a few weeks after, I guarantee if all the games are played for this season next season won't start until atleast mid-September.

Seems more right than just cancelling this season or basing everything on current positions.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Seems more right than just cancelling this season or basing everything on current positions.

In all seriousness I agree with you, but just thinking of how apoplectic with rage Leeds fans would be if they did makes me want it to happen more than anything.

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

FFS, what am I going to do on Saturday nights now there's no MOTD to watch?  Talk to my Mrs???

In all seriousness, it's about time.  I wonder why the Premier League & EFL took so long to take these precautions ?

rich pay day GIF

I think they were hoping to get 1 or 2 more games in to reduce the impact on next season.

Just now, Andicis said:

In all seriousness I agree with you, but just thinking of how apoplectic with rage Leeds fans would be if they did makes me want it to happen more than anything.

Oh don't get me wrong, let's just take our points deduction now, cancel the season and we can win the league with our current squad.

Poor old Leeds.

This season will be completed before the next starts, no matter how long it takes.

Euro2020 will be pushed back a year to allow domestic leagues to be completed.

Liverpool will win the Premier League and Leeds unfortunately will be promoted. 

Just now, David said:

This season will be completed before the next starts, no matter how long it takes.

Euro2020 will be pushed back a year to allow domestic leagues to be completed.

Liverpool will win the Premier League and Leeds unfortunately will be promoted. 

Good news for Bielik if that happens.

Can't see it re-starting tbh.  Virus is in it's early stages here and won't peak until we're due to re-start.  The Euros are due to start 12 June, being played here, France, Germany, Russia and Italy.....that's only 13 weeks away.  I just can't see it happening.  No time for players to rest, squads to form up, and, for any players who do get it, for them to recover properly.  I've had full blown flu twice in my life: I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Knocked me for six for over 2 weeks each time and took another 2 or 3 weeks to recover fully. 

I guess it begs the question, if we don't go again, do you take the league positions as at this weekend, or do you say, c'est la vie, the season's scrubbed, start again in August....harsh for some, life saver for others. 

Archived