Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Oh what a mess were in.

Where oh where are all the high powered administrators,' highly qualified' pundits and football 'experts' when you really need them,  in a crisis ?

They're in the Coronavirus thread.

Surprise, Surprise in today’s news the bottom 6  EPL clubs objections to playing at neutral grounds and fan/player safety concerns are no longer a moral dilemma it would seem, no relegation is back on the table. 

This might have already been asked but I keep reading when matches resume all premier league & championship games will be streamed live

I'm not affected by this but what happens to season ticket holders that don't have sky, bt, rams TV etc. Surely they should be given a free log in to stream via some free service ?‍♂️

36 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

This might have already been asked but I keep reading when matches resume all premier league & championship games will be streamed live

I'm not affected by this but what happens to season ticket holders that don't have sky, bt, rams TV etc. Surely they should be given a free log in to stream via some free service ?‍♂️

I'd have thought there will be options open to us... whether we have those viewing mediums or not. 

Not everyone would consider a live stream to be on a par with an actual match day attendance, so expect some to want a full refund, and quite possibly some wanting free access to the streams, plus part refund.

I'm sure many would be happy to accept free access to the streams in lieu of the remaining portion of their season ticket, particularly if the deal included away games (which season tickets don't, of course), but there's no doubting many would consider a flickering moving picture to be of a lesser value than a live attendance.

None of that can be sorted now of course, until DCFC know what, if anything, happens next.

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd have thought there will be options open to us... whether we have those viewing mediums or not. 

Not everyone would consider a live stream to be on a par with an actual match day attendance, so expect some to want a full refund, and quite possibly some wanting free access to the streams, plus part refund.

I'm sure many would be happy to accept free access to the streams in lieu of the remaining portion of their season ticket, particularly if the deal included away games (which season tickets don't, of course), but there's no doubting many would consider a flickering moving picture to be of a lesser value than a live attendance.

None of that can be sorted now of course, until DCFC know what, if anything, happens next.

EPL were to meet on Friday, Now it has been put back to Monday, They're waiting for the Governments easing of any lockdown, But with deaths now rising again it could be a long wait.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Surely you’re not implying  the EPL overlooked Friday being a Bank Holiday. ?

I think it's more a government thing.

If Boris announced a easing of restrictions on Thursday, but starting next week, people would take liberties on the bank holiday Friday.

2 hours ago, TramRam said:

EPL were to meet on Friday, Now it has been put back to Monday, They're waiting for the Governments easing of any lockdown, But with deaths now rising again it could be a long wait.

I agree it must still be a long way off but, are deaths rising again?

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree it must still be a long way off but, are deaths rising again?

I dont think they are rising as such, its just how the numbers get reported, for example every Monday the deaths are much lower and we read in the papers how the numbers are a record low, then on the Tuesday they jump up massively. Its only because of the weekend lag.

Plus the way our government are choosing to report the figures, its anyones guess what is truly happening.

3 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Deaths on Sunday I believe was 315 lowest since March 30th, Last 24 hours 693.

Those 693 arent deaths that occurred within the last 24 hours, they are deaths that made it into the report within the last 24 hours, half of those could have died last week or the week before, its anyones guess how and when they choose to include the figures.

10 hours ago, TramRam said:

Deaths on Sunday I believe was 315 lowest since March 30th, Last 24 hours 693.

You must have seen the charts and heard it mentioned that the daily figures fluctuate. Based purely on the daily increase being advised to us I seem to recall, yesterday’s figures were the lowest for a Tuesday for at least three weeks. So was Monday (compared to previous Monday’s), Sunday’s and Saturday’s.

The figures are still far to high and the care home situation a tragedy but, overall deaths are not rising.

When there is a return to matches how does everyone think it will have changed?.Not sure if it can return with crowds whilst there is any social distancing.Would the capacity be much reduced with people sitting every 3rd seat say?.Long queues outside with every one at 2m spacing-reduced number of turnstyles open .Leaving row by row like an old school assembly?-how do they control the toilet demand?.No food or beer available.Huge loss in revenue.Watching games at home may be the easiest answer for the foreseeable future.

48 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

When there is a return to matches how does everyone think it will have changed?.Not sure if it can return with crowds whilst there is any social distancing.Would the capacity be much reduced with people sitting every 3rd seat say?.Long queues outside with every one at 2m spacing-reduced number of turnstyles open .Leaving row by row like an old school assembly?-how do they control the toilet demand?.No food or beer available.Huge loss in revenue.Watching games at home may be the easiest answer for the foreseeable future.

Just let season ticket holders in? Given a new seat number for 1 season only and not directly next to anyone else

59 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You must have seen the charts and heard it mentioned that the daily figures fluctuate. Based purely on the daily increase being advised to us I seem to recall, yesterday’s figures were the lowest for a Tuesday for at least three weeks. So was Monday (compared to previous Monday’s), Sunday’s and Saturday’s.

The figures are still far to high and the care home situation a tragedy but, overall deaths are not rising.

It was put succinctly by MackworthRamIsGod in the above post.

29 minutes ago, TramRam said:

It was put succinctly by MackworthRamIsGod in the above post.

True. It was a good summary from @MackworthRamIsGod I was just re-emphasing that, as well as the fact that deaths reported do not necessarily relate to actual deaths within the the last 24 hours, the daily rate reported fluctuates anyway. Those reported on a Tuesday are always much higher than those reported on a Monday. 

Therefore, whether you use the valid points made by @MackworthRamIsGod or the charts I am referring to, it’s wrong to assume or state the death rates (in total) have gone up.

I think we’re all pretty much in agreement: none of us on this forum know the actual deaths that occurred for each 24 hour period but, whatever it is, it is still too high to expect anything other than some minor relaxing/changes to the lockdown. 

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

True. It was a good summary from @MackworthRamIsGod I was just re-emphasing that, as well as the fact that deaths reported do not necessarily relate to actual deaths within the the last 24 hours, the daily rate reported fluctuates anyway. Those reported on a Tuesday are always much higher than those reported on a Monday. 

Therefore, whether you use the valid points made by @MackworthRamIsGod or the charts I am referring to, it’s wrong for the BBC news Website to assume or state the death rates (in total) have gone up.

I think we’re all pretty much in agreement: none of us on this forum know the actual deaths that occurred for each 24 hour period but, whatever it is, it is still too high to expect anything other than some minor relaxing/changes to the lockdown. 

?

Archived