Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the seat centres/spacings?  Gotta be 700mm absolute max, but almost certainly between 500mm - 600mm?

At 600mm, that would need 3.333 empty seats (So 4 then!) between each occupied seats to achieve the minimum 2000mm.  3 empty seats would only give c. 1800mm, so not enough.  So... that's that direction sorted.  Now what about the pitch of the seat rows, to avoid closeness in front and behind!
Gotta be in the region of 700mm?  Even being generous enough to ignore torso's and legs etc, from mouth to mouth that would mean 2 empty rows would give you the clearance needed (2100mm) but one empty row would be nowhere near enough (1400mm).  And remember, as well as 4 empty seats either side of one person, there needs to be 2 empty rows immediately  in front AND behind.

Clearly, I have simplified things, so the less intelligent amongst you can keep up!  ?
I have ignored all reference to angles/hypotenuses etc.  I've also dis-counted those tapered gaps in between seats in the corners, and most obviously, the stairways/aisles. 
I've also ignored the wider seats/larger seat pitch/leg room in the posh seats, but all that aside, my calculations to assess the number of seats that can be occupied safely comes to... erm... well... Not very many at all, to put it in layman's terms!

Sorted!

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

What are the seat centres/spacings?  Gotta be 700mm absolute max, but almost certainly between 500mm - 600mm?

At 600mm, that would need 3.333 empty seats (So 4 then!) between each occupied seats to achieve the minimum 2000mm.  3 empty seats would only give c. 1800mm, so not enough.  So... that's that direction sorted.  Now what about the pitch of the seat rows, to avoid closeness in front and behind!
Gotta be in the region of 700mm?  Even being generous enough to ignore torso's and legs etc, from mouth to mouth that would mean 2 empty rows would give you the clearance needed (2100mm) but one empty row would be nowhere near enough (1400mm).  And remember, as well as 4 empty seats either side of one person, there needs to be 2 empty rows immediately  in front AND behind.

Clearly, I have simplified things, so the less intelligent amongst you can keep up!  ?
I have ignored all reference to angles/hypotenuses etc.  I've also dis-counted those tapered gaps in between seats in the corners, and most obviously, the stairways/aisles. 
I've also ignored the wider seats/larger seat pitch/leg room in the posh seats, but all that aside, my calculations to assess the number of seats that can be occupied safely comes to... erm... well... Not very many at all, to put it in layman's terms!

Sorted!

Amazing how some can occupy their time when in a queue shopping ?

3 hours ago, TramRam said:

Amazing how some can occupy their time when in a queue shopping ?

How dare you! 
My post was based on hours of research, working with concise and relevant calculations, and all with a determined effort to produce accurate facts, whilst giving due consideration not to over complicate matters due to the reader profile.

Shopping indeed!    ?

PS:
I managed to pick up a lovely Wahl hair trimmer set for under £25 inc delivery!  Result!  ?

Times say EPL and championship to restart on 12th June behind closed doors. 3 to 4 Games played every day of the week in their own time slot, league to finish end of July. Strong desire to put majority of games free to air (youtube may be) but thats for EPL, no mention of championship. Few hurdles to clear but sounds like it could happen.

Re the atmosphere...options to have small fan parks 50 to 200 with social distancing with their reaction sent to the ground, fake crowd noises, dressing up stands with banners etc. German company suggested using their Myapplause app to send live virtual reactions to cheer, sing, clap. Brilliiant.

4 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Times say EPL and championship to restart on 12th June behind closed doors. 3 to 4 Games played every day of the week in their own time slot, league to finish end of July. Strong desire to put majority of games free to air (youtube may be) but thats for EPL, no mention of championship. Few hurdles to clear but sounds like it could happen.

Re the atmosphere...options to have small fan parks 50 to 200 with social distancing with their reaction sent to the ground, fake crowd noises, dressing up stands with banners etc. German company suggested using their Myapplause app to send live virtual reactions to cheer, sing, clap. Brilliiant.

Yeah that sounds great. Whoopee live football on TV with fake crowd noise, just so the multi-millionaire players still get their bank accounts topped up. Pathetic.

Sith Happens

I can't think of anything worse than 'canned' fan noise during a game.  (of course thats not true i can think of many things worse, i was just saying this for effect).

22 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I can't think of anything worse than 'canned' fan noise during a game.  (of course thats not true i can think of many things worse, i was just saying this for effect).

Maybe if they perfect the virtual fan experiment they can do without us real fans altogether and football becomes a couch potato experience for all. 

PS I can see it now.....Mel charging us £25.00 per match to watch live wherever we are...….beer in the fridge (or room temperature) scraves being twirled in the lounge...….I can see it I tell thee!!!

Sith Happens
32 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Maybe if they perfect the virtual fan experiment they can do without us real fans altogether and football becomes a couch potato experience for all. 

PS I can see it now.....Mel charging us £25.00 per match to watch live wherever we are...….beer in the fridge (or room temperature) scraves being twirled in the lounge...….I can see it I tell thee!!!

I said to my Dad just yesterday can see us being able to buy a season ticket for rams tv for say £300. There needs to be reslience on the platform though.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The Times may be jumping the Gun, The EPL "WOULD" like to start on 12th June behind closed doors...But, There is to be a vote on Monday of all EPL clubs on the proposal of games behind closed doors...The EPL need 14 clubs to agree for this to Pass.

42 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I gave my scrave away, Have you a spare one? ?

9 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

That takes me back... in fact Google confirms it as Nov 11th, 1978... A 1-2 away win at Maine Road... Me and a mate in the home seats, Front row of The Platt Lane Stand (So the Kippax terrace to our right).  It appears there's a great atmosphere behind us... songs, chanting, lots of oohs and aahs... yet every time I turn to glance over my shoulder, it's like seeing the West Stand... in a photo!  Long faces, near silence, little in the way of animation... dull, dull, dull!  (Don't forget they were losing).  I cannot deny, I thought I was going doolally!  

Only at the final whistle, when turning around fully (Remembering not to look happy at the away win, of course) there before our very eyes was the answer... speakers... high up on the stanchions... taking their feed from the more vociferous home fans in the Kippax!  Must have been a prelude to Surround-Sound! 

Archived