Matches suspended

atherstoneram

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Nothing ok with football with no crowds - no atmosphere - no future and mostly 

Nothing ok with football when 200- 400 people dying every day because they touched a surface or had a conversation or heard a sneeze 

Don’t watch it then, your choice. Football with no crowds vs no football at all is an easy choice for me. I take the former every day of the week, as I imagine do most fans. There’s gonna be no chance of crowds at football for a very long time - what do you propose we do, just not play football for years? Pretty much every club would go out of business, that would be one way to ensure there’s no future for the game. 

Its a horrible time we live in right now, and frankly I think people need a boost. Where’s the harm in playing football to try and cheer a few people up? If nothing else it’ll encourage more people to stay inside and watch the matches. 

On 29/03/2020 at 22:35, Remy the hare said:

I think we’re a long way off and the peer pressure won’t allow the money men to dictate. Postponing euro 2020 and the Olympics is a bigger deal than the EPL and EFL restarting. I think the money men and you will have to just suck it up.  

It beginning to look like the money men and me are going to get our way. 

So what happens if say Marriott, Martin and Waghorn all test positive for Covid-19 at the same time. People will be on here screaming the match they were down to play in should be rearranged to play at a later date. Matches may be on the way back but you can't guarantee the best 11 will be playing until a couple of hours before kick off

I don't think you can/or could have ever guarantee getting your best 11 on the pitch at the same time for any particular match or for any length of time.

There are surely too many variables,i.e.  loss of form, fitness, injury, suspension, falling out with the manager, not feeling like playing etc etc 

24 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I don't think you can/or could have ever guarantee getting your best 11 on the pitch at the same time for any particular match or for any length of time.

There are surely too many variables,i.e.  loss of form, fitness, injury, suspension, falling out with the manager, not feeling like playing etc etc 

Getting pished up. Crashing into lamppost.

oh no actually.....that doesn’t stop you getting in the team.

19 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

But the clubs will be fully aware of those issues in the days before the match, it's what happens with the testing on the day of the match that's the difference

Archived