Coronavirus

1of4

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Taken less than 3 days of symptoms for them to get severe enough for me not to be able to work from home. Fever keeps climbing and my chest is in agony. What I'd give to just have the flu.

We were similar yesterday and now I’m at the same as you. Struggling to sleep due to the heat. Absolutely awful sensation. Feel better!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

People aren’t getting it are they?

Again, doesn't help when a so-called expert was on BBC yesterday morning telling people that it was OK to drive somewhere in order to go for a walk in a quiet area.

Without clear, exact orders, people will continue to do things that make their life as normal as possible.

42 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

People aren’t getting it are they?

That’s just below Fox House isn’t it?

Its always rammed out there yet can go further down the road and see no one, I’ve never quite got it. It’s so easy to spread out and find a quiet spot for a short walk around there yet everyone congregates at the same point.

Me and my partner have thought about having a quick 10 min drive out early in the mornings before anyone is really about for half an hour as fortunately know spots a lot more isolated (grew up round there), not sure why they don’t think everyone’s going to be at the same place as them!

7 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Again, doesn't help when a so-called expert was on BBC yesterday morning telling people that it was OK to drive somewhere in order to go for a walk in a quiet area.

Without clear, exact orders, people will continue to do things that make their life as normal as possible.

Thing is where they are parked is ‘People from Sheffield going to the Peaks hotspot no.1’, not a quiet area during daylight (could be a bit of busy at night but I wouldn’t like to say!). That’s a load of people who have all had the same idea because they have no idea where else to go.

It’s strange how different people react to things. A chap I work with ran for the hills about 2 weeks ago claiming he had symptoms of this virus. After 11 days we had a conference call which he was on and we asked the question if everyone was feeling ok. He claimed he was feeling worse and had been up all night with a fever. I pointed out he had had it a long time. He claimed it has mutated. Should I advise him to get some scientist to do some test on him?

Then on regular conference calls he is telling everyone he can they need to self isolate for no reason and no one should be working if they can’t be more than 2m apart. The same chap was than telling the boss he needed to hire more people at this time to ensure all the work got done to which our boss told him he was claiming in the morning no one should be at work then we should be employing more people.

I have never seen such behaviour in grown people.

We are classed as Key Workers too.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

It took the US over two months to go from it's first reported case to 45,000 cases.

It took it less than two days to go from 45,000 cases to 60,000.

But aren’t all the stats a bit iffy because it is down to A) how many tests you carry out and B) who goes to get tested ? 

it is going to be grim, no ifs no buts .. never the less .. 75% of all people infected have no symptoms and are therefore not ill. Yes they can infect others so we ALL need to be careful. To get this right, to save lives we have to protect our national systems as best we can so they can cope but we need to keep our peckers up. Gloom spreads panic which starts with bog paper buying idiots and gets worse from there.

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

That’s just below Fox House isn’t it?

Its always rammed out there yet can go further down the road and see no one, I’ve never quite got it. It’s so easy to spread out and find a quiet spot for a short walk around there yet everyone congregates at the same point.

Me and my partner have thought about having a quick 10 min drive out early in the mornings before anyone is really about for half an hour as fortunately know spots a lot more isolated (grew up round there), not sure why they don’t think everyone’s going to be at the same place as them!

Top of Padley Gorge?

8 minutes ago, jono said:

But aren’t all the stats a bit iffy because it is down to A) how many tests you carry out and B) who goes to get tested ? 

it is going to be grim, no ifs no buts .. never the less .. 75% of all people infected have no symptoms and are therefore not ill. Yes they can infect others so we ALL need to be careful. To get this right, to save lives we have to protect our national systems as best we can so they can cope but we need to keep our peckers up. Gloom spreads panic which starts with bog paper buying idiots and gets worse from there.

Undoubtedly, but there are still millions of people not taking it seriously and they are the people who need to see facts and understand the repercussions of ignoring advice. 

Just got off a call with a client from New York.

Here's a repercussion that would never have crossed my mind.

Her daughter works in a rehab clinic in New Jersey and they are getting inundated.

The closure of all liquor stores as nonessential has meant hundreds of people going into withdrawal.

Then on top of that, the curfew has meant a lot less drugs are being dealt, so more people going into withdrawal for that too.

New York decided against closing liquor stores although whether it was to avoid the same thing happening and adding another burden on the hospital.s 

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

Well in today's press briefing they said that Boots may well be helping with the distribution of the kits but I'm pretty sure he said they wouldn't be on sale to the general public right away.

He also said they need to make absolutely sure the kits are accurate as a test giving a potentially incorrect result is worse than no test at all.

BBC is also saying they will be available "in the near future" and not available "next week". So, I think it will be a while before anyone can order one.

Archived