Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing a news clip on the BBC, of Dominic Cummins doing a runner from No10, who's going to be in charge now. He must be very worried about contracting the virus off Johnson, going be the speed he ran up Downing Street.

Yup, we have our mail collected everyday - our postie has started coming in a mask and gloves and has asked for the bags to be left outside the door before he arrives.

There are a lot of people doing not strictly doing essential jobs that if they stopped would make life very difficult.   Our business now relies solely on the Post Office continuing through the crisis.    He doesn't know it yet but he's getting a case of beer when its all over!

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Boris has it then chances are Sunak has it as well …..

I know the punchline to this old joke...

"And he's the barsteward I want - he killed my frog."

When I mentioned Boris testing positive, my daughter (A very healthy woman who recently ran a marathon) who has been self-isolating in Sheffield for two weeks, who was very, very poorly with all the symptoms AND was even coughing up blood a week ago but hasn't been tested because she wasn't hospitalised - thankfully now well on the mend) made a couple of relevant comments as follows:

• "How come he was able to get tested when he is only displaying mild symptom, whereas front-line health workers can't?"
  • "If he has only mild symptoms, he will now think that his case is typical of the disease"

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I know the punchline to this old joke...

"And he's the barsteward I want - he killed my frog."

When I mentioned Boris testing positive, my daughter (A very healthy woman who recently ran a marathon) who has been self-isolating in Sheffield for two weeks, who was very, very poorly with all the symptoms AND was even coughing up blood a week ago but hasn't been tested because she wasn't hospitalised - thankfully now well on the mend) made a couple of relevant comments as follows:

• "How come he was able to get tested when he is only displaying mild symptom, whereas front-line health workers can't?"
  • "If he has only mild symptoms, he will now think that his case is typical of the disease"

Yep - and if his symptoms worsen and he requires hospitalisation, I wonder where he will be in the queue for an ICU bed/ventilator?

Remember - we're all in it together...

Classic whataboutery with the last two posts.  He is the prime minister - he is the fronts person coordinating this crisis. They need to know whether he has it or doesn’t (even if mild symptoms) to know whether he can continue to move freely or whether he has to go to the bunker. Two of our greatest minds, one with an IQ of about 180 if I recall, proving that there are none so daft as those that have political prejudices.

Right... lets have some good news for a change.

First up, Neil Ferguson the Imperial College scientist who predicted 500k deaths in the UK that the media went crazy over is now predicting potentially fewer than 20k deaths.  Furthermore he goes on to say that the NHS can cope with the epidemic peak (due in 2-3 weeks) and that we have enough ICU beds;

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

Secondly, 87yo Grandad beats CV;

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-grandfather-87-beats-covid-19-as-his-family-thank-nhs-11964432

Its sunny outside, work is done for the week, I'm off to have a beer in the garden!

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Classic whataboutery with the last two posts.  He is the prime minister - he is the fronts person coordinating this crisis. They need to know whether he has it or doesn’t (even if mild symptoms) to know whether he can continue to move freely or whether he has to go to the bunker. Two of our greatest minds, one with an IQ of about 180 if I recall, proving that there are none so daft as those that have political prejudices.

All I was doing was relaying what I was told by someone has been very ill at home, at the same time caring for a severely autistic child at the same time who was quite unable to comprehend what was happening as his own world fell apart, and I did so without any comment of my own.

It must have driven you mad over the last few months, not having me around to throw your tedious and entirely predictable comments at on a daily basis.

And no, I never said that my IQ was 'about 180', so your memory is somewhat less reliable than your comments are predictable.

Archived