Coronavirus

1of4

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That link also references Halfords...

Many NHS staff are apparently buying bikes to avoid public transport.
For those that do feel the need to get out and exercise, cycling is better than walking/jogging/outside gyms etc, as it's much easier to maintain that social distance.
Essential workers travelling by private car will still need to keep that car in tip-top condition and legal... bulbs, oil and tyres immediately spring to mind, but of course, much more.

I'm all for Halfords and their ilk to remain open, so long as they look after their staff, and said staff are happy/prepared to carry on.  I think many were too quick to jump on the bandwagon and slag them off for staying open.

Sports Direct was a piss-take though!

I don't think these guys have quite grasped the concept. 

1021826.jpg

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jono said:

Did our usual weekly shop at Sainsbury’s today. Peaceful, calm, orderly, everyone keeping distance being very sensible. Some gaps and a few favourites missing but well stocked with alternatives. Staff feeling much more relaxed. There is a system in place and 99% of folk being responsible measured and polite. 

Probably helps that it's a weekday.  TBH I'm dreading Saturday as it'll potentially be full of the folk who're still working.  I might try latish on Friday night...

Just had a text from "NHS-No Reply (Doctors surgery)...

"We have seen an increase in the number of telephone calls asking the practice for employment advice and whether you should attend work during this COVID-19 crisis. We can not give advice regarding you and your employment. Please refer to the NHS 111 website. You are preventing patients accessing the GP" 

The above is reproduced merely for reference only.  I have absolutely no inclination to comment... at all... whatsoever... nope...   

... Stupid Bamfords!

6 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Generally people aren’t daft and when this is over they will remember the people that looked out for them and the wider public.

They will also remember the ?houses and treat them accordingly.

A few companies are bringing in bonus schemes,it would be nice for the government to reward all the public servants who have worked through this a little bit as well.

No bonuses for us and the lads that are working days when they should be on nights have lost their 25% shift allowance and anyone that refuses to travel to other sites away from Derby are not being payed. 

Lots of businesses/people looking after our NHS staff, with free drinks/discounts/priority shopping, and much more.
Bravo, we all shout!

Ah... so that's why NHS staff are now being targeted for muggings, and having their NHS ID lanyards nicked then. 

(I doubt many folk would check photo's closely, assuming they have them?)

#morebamfords

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

All Costco’s will open an hour early from tomorrow for NHS staff,9am Monday-Friday.

8.30 on a Saturday.

Makes sense in one respect, but then surely another scenario is mass cross-contamination of NHS workers by encouraging them to all be in the supermarkets at the same time?

5 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Forest have been socially distancing themselves for years. That's forward thinking!

That's nothing. I socially distanced myself from DCFCFans for 5 months.

Also, I'm really sorry about giving you (in particular) a hard time.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Welcome back.

P.s. i thought you were dead. 

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good to see you back @Eddie, hope you're well. Now, quick get over to the how old are you thread, I need the average pushing up!

Archived