Coronavirus

1of4

43 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hey Eddie. Glad to see you are ok. Have you been to bruges lately, i see don quichotte has reopened, have you been??

It was being renovated when we were there in August. Next trip is planned for this August, but nothing booked. My guess is that this is a year for hunkering down.

It was so hot when we were there last August (every day was over 30 degrees) that we only went into bars in the evenings, otherwise preferring outdoor venues (the North Sea beer festival was on the promenade in Ostend, so that was nice) like the courtyard of De Halve Maan and the waterside terrace at Bourgogne Des Flandres. We did pay the traditional visit to Staminee de Garre though. Can't visit Bruges without 2 or 3 glasses of Tripel de Garre.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, sage said:

Eddie's back!! Good to see you mate. Hope we can share a beer in the sun again soon.  

The Memsahib is sooo looking forward to watching cricket again - either that or she's got a crush on you.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It was being renovated when we were there in August. Next trip is planned for this August, but nothing booked. My guess is that this is a year for hunkering down.

It was so hot when we were there last August (every day was over 30 degrees) that we only went into bars in the evenings, otherwise preferring outdoor venues (the North Sea beer festival was on the promenade in Ostend, so that was nice) like the courtyard of De Halve Maan and the waterside terrace at Bourgogne Des Flandres. We did pay the traditional visit to Staminee de Garre though. Can't visit Bruges without 2 or 3 glasses of Tripel de Garre.

We were planning on a pre Christmas trip, dunno if will happen now.

I do like it in the summer though. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did anyone else just experience the 8pm round of applause for the NHS workers? It happened on our estate. I'd forgotten about it until I heard the clapping and a few fireworks. 

We were out clapping like loons. The only ones on our street but we could hear plenty of others. 

1 minute ago, Van Gritters said:

The bloke who works with me went into self isolation before the first reported case in Europe has now had the virus for 13 days. I think he may pick the latest strain up at the weekend.

To play devil's advocate, it seems 14 days may be very optimistic. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Did anyone else just experience the 8pm round of applause for the NHS workers? It happened on our estate. I'd forgotten about it until I heard the clapping and a few fireworks. 

Yep. Stood out in the front garden clapping. Joined by a number of neighbours all stood in their own gardens, so social distancing was observed. Could also hear clapping coming from nearby streets on the estate.

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I knew I was popular, but I went out at 8 to put the bin out and the whole street started to applaud me!

They were ironic cheers because they’ve never seen you put your bin out! 

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It wasn’t until 8pm tonight I realised my fiancée has an embarrassingly bad clap - slow and out of rhythm with everyone else. She didn’t seem overly pleased when the neighbours could hear me laughing at her. 

Have you introduced her to Steve Bloomers Watching? That should make her feel at home.

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It wasn’t until 8pm tonight I realised my fiancée has an embarrassingly bad clap - slow and out of rhythm with everyone else. She didn’t seem overly pleased when the neighbours could hear me laughing at her. 

So when was the date of your wedding?

Archived