Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Haha yeah you are pathetic ...so jog on I didn’t make something out of nothing ...if you actually read what was written pal you’d see that ...I said he didn’t need to show his frustration and he didn’t...

...he had no need to show his displeasure at a manager who’s brought him in from the cold and guess what ??????

How do you know that those two things follow on? You don't. You're just guessing. Plus you're suggesting that Cocu is so dumb he doesn't understand a bit of muttering from a striker brought off early isn't the same as getting skywriters in to do a 'Cocu Out' banner!!! ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to think that a contract on "greatly reduced terms" is going to be acceptable to Chris? 

I'd like to see him here for a season or two more but I don't think we should assume we can just take the p*** with a contract offer....

Context I guess. Half of his current wage would have made him comfortably our top earner when he first signed. 

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

Context I guess. Half of his current wage would have made him comfortably our top earner when he first signed. 

Anyone know what our current wages by player are?

I've heard various mentions of high earners,  with variously listed names like martin, davies, huda, lawrence, Anya etc.....

But I don't know of any particularly credible source of factual data on the issue. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to think that a contract on "greatly reduced terms" is going to be acceptable to Chris? 

I'd like to see him here for a season or two more but I don't think we should assume we can just take the p*** with a contract offer....

Well any contract offer should be along the lines of being similar to others with his experience but affordable to team harmony 

sensible in other words and like it’s been said he has a lot of credit in the bank with Derby county supporters and he won’t get that elsewhere and he knows that 

Waghorn and Lawrence should be paying him a contribution as he makes them look an awful lot better as well ( up your game Marriott)

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Anyone know what our current wages by player are?

No one knows. Most of it becomes fact because someone guesses, then its repeated and ends up as some sort of fact.

No doubt Martin is on a good contract however i am dubious that its the 30k that is rumoured. 

Got to think there's been a conversation by now about a new contract - But would obviously be on vastly reduced wages

Wouldn't be too shocked to see Martin wait until the end of the season - If he has a good year then more clubs will be interested - He'll want to balance the potential length and value of a contract from elsewhere vs what we might be able to offer him to stay - If I was him I'd want to wait until I had all my offers on the table 

On the basis he's playing for a new contract somewhere I suspect we'll see a good rest of the season out of him though

No surprise id offer him a new contract, although I’d just wait until he gets into double figures for the season.

Two years? With a wage that puts him in the line with the rest of the squad? Something similar to the Rooney deal in that they encourage him to look into the coaching side after the first season

On 01/02/2020 at 21:20, Ellafella said:

. . . The other thing @angieram I don’t know if you stayed after the final whistle but CM came out and went to all four corners and applauded the Derby fans who stayed a while. For me Derby County means Goodall, Bloomer, Stamps, Currie, Hector, George, Lee, Saunders, and Martin. The boy is right up there. Check out his right-foot control of the ball from the yank last night before he speared it into the roof of Buckland’s net. . . subliminal, instinctive skill. I hope & pray that somebody amongst Cocu’s clan can see what I see. 

Mmmmmm missing a few legends to say the least. Like, Mackay, Hinton, O'Hare, Gemmill, Mc Farland, Stimac, Durban etc

1 minute ago, Justa said:

I'd definitley look at offering him a new contract - preferably for 12 mnths but I suspect he owuld want 2.

The reason being - how much would it cost to bring in someone as good as him ?

These days who wants a contract for 2 months?   ?

43 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Judging by Cocu’s comments last night then it looks like they will be looking at the contract situation over the next month so we shall have to see what happens but lots of praise coming out of the club for him at the minute 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-chris-martin-contract-3812750

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Judging by Cocu’s comments last night then it looks like they will be looking at the contract situation over the next month so we shall have to see what happens but lots of praise coming out of the club for him at the minute 

One thing I like about Cocu is that he says what he sees and then selects players accordingly 

we all know Martin is not perfect but he is still one of the best bits of business we have done in a long while and if he was on loan to us we would be wanting to him sign up wouldn’t we? 

Archived