Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

4 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Happy enough to accept Duane Holmes signing from a lower division club yet we're happy to dismiss a 21 year old who's played very well in League 1.

Vintage DCFC supporters.....

100%mate. folk complain about no signings then grill the shi out of our first signing

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get excited about signings anymore (apart from Rooney obviously)

The last time I got excited about a signing was Bradley Johnson. Was genuinely amazed we'd signed one of the best players in the previous seasons championship. Never again. 

I always wait to judge a player until I've seen them consistently in a Derby shirt regardless of who they are, how much they cost or where they signed from.

4 goals in 17 games for Tranmere (3 in one game) isn't fantastic. 

Looking around they played him through the middle in one game and he scored a hattrick and then didn't play him there again..

Signing players on loan who can't get in Tranmere's team does pretty much sum up where we are as a football club.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Maybe this'll be announced as a loan and will join permanently in the summer, and we're actually bringing him in to replace JHI in the U23s as we're promoting him to the first team ?

Cocu expects one more out... Marriott or Martin?

The U23 squad is extremely small. With Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker becoming permanent members of the first team squad and JML on loan, it's even smaller. So players from the younger age groups step up, or we sign someone. To me this seems more a signing for the U23s than the first team.

As an only signing it’s not exactly inspiring. But i don’t mind us having a look at a young player that has shown promise, but probably needs the right move to get his career going, and could be available at the end of the season.

he might turn out to be good, he might turn out to be pants. We will see.

My mate is an avid Villa fan and says this lad has it but just needs a run of games.

He says he'd be a decent player in the Championship and would be disappointed if they sold him because they think he has a big future.

But...but...but...but...

I'll judge a player when I see him play. I'll take what my mate says as informed based on the fact he has seen him play more than anyone on here without question.

I'll take the fact that he's played at all England youth levels over the last 6 years.

And I'll put a little faith in Cocu managing to pick a player that we can develop rather than pay over the odds for someone that will never hold value.

Look at what Wigan just did. Lad who can't get a game at Everton because they've thrown millions at players...now at AC Milan for €10m. Give me that any day over signing another 28-32 year old to pick up a salary.  

Pace. Power. Low centre of gravity. Hungry.  Potential.

I'll take it.

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Hector-Ingram scoring for fun for the u23’s, surely the better option is to give him a shot? 

thought we weren’t signing players to block the development pathways of the academy? 

As has been said a few times, this could be a signing for the U23s (occasional first team apps) with a view to Trialist (aka Hector Ingram) featuring for the first team

Came on against man utd in the fa cup a week ago. Though you shouldn't judge a player on 30 mins of football he did make things happen in the final third. The commentator at the time did say everyone at tramere thought he was destined for big things.

I'll take it with a view to a permanent signing at the end of the season if cocu thinks he can cut it. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Our fans are absolute dirge. 

You spelt recruitment team wrong.

Pathetic signing, absolutely the type of signing I would expect us to sign.

The money spent on Dowell, Paterson and now this bloke, all cheap options. Add that money together and you could actually sign 1 good player that actually makes a difference.

We do it every year, sign 'bodies', the days of signing better than what we have got are long gone.

No wonder Cocu looks like he has been smoking crystal meth these days poor bloke.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You spelt recruitment team wrong.

Pathetic signing, absolutely the type of signing I would expect us to sign.

The money spent on Dowell, Paterson and now this bloke, all cheap options. Add that money together and you could actually sign 1 good player that actually makes a difference.

We do it every year, sign 'bodies', the days of signing better than what we have got are long gone.

No wonder Cocu looks like he has been smoking crystal meth these days poor bloke.

Recruitment team are naff, but the prejudgment is just unreal. I have longed for us to try and unearth gems from here and abroad, and if Cocu has identified a player with attributes he wants then let’s go for it. Much rather this than spunking pointless money on Blackman, Butterfield etc on the back of half a good season. Reserve judgment like a regular human. 

Are people this negative about everything in their lives? 

Lads not played for us yet and he already has people saying he is not good enough. 

We sign players for money - people say why are we spending money, waste of money, booooo

We sign players, albeit unproven, for no money - people say why are we not spending money, who is he, he isn't good enough, boooo

Genuinely curious about what make people this negative?

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cocu expects one more out... Marriott or Martin?

The U23 squad is extremely small. With Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker becoming permanent members of the first team squad and JML on loan, it's even smaller. So players from the younger age groups step up, or we sign someone. To me this seems more a signing for the U23s than the first team.

Villa aren't going to recall a lad from first team league one football to come and play for our Under 23s on loan. They might as well leave him in their U23s.

Archived