Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You spelt recruitment team wrong.

Pathetic signing, absolutely the type of signing I would expect us to sign.

The money spent on Dowell, Paterson and now this bloke, all cheap options. Add that money together and you could actually sign 1 good player that actually makes a difference.

We do it every year, sign 'bodies', the days of signing better than what we have got are long gone.

No wonder Cocu looks like he has been smoking crystal meth these days poor bloke.

Actually Dowell and Paterson were probably very expensive !

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You spelt recruitment team wrong.

Pathetic signing, absolutely the type of signing I would expect us to sign.

The money spent on Dowell, Paterson and now this bloke, all cheap options. Add that money together and you could actually sign 1 good player that actually makes a difference.

We do it every year, sign 'bodies', the days of signing better than what we have got are long gone.

No wonder Cocu looks like he has been smoking crystal meth these days poor bloke.

Grow up

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Villa aren't going to recall a lad from first team league one football to come and play for our Under 23s on loan. They might as well leave him in their U23s.

Try before you buy (compensation). We're more likely to pay the full compensation amount than Tranmere are, even if he does only play for the U23s until the end of the season.

I know you can’t judge off videos but you can look out for certain things, biggest one for me is ball control, then composure and finishing. Remember when we signed Sammon, watching his videos where nearly all the owls he scored were scuffed.

I know people are saying give trialist a go, he’s scored more goals but 4 goals in league 1 is worth a hell of lot more than 8 penalty’s in the U23’s.

Bizzare one this really, isn’t he a striker? We obviously do need better up top as Waghorn isn’t good enough, but given we’re completely skint right now after the investment delay, I don’t really think it’s a desperate priority for this window. Would much rather we spent today focusing first on a CB, then on a winger. That said, I do recall him being highly rated, but looking at his stats he’s still quite raw (struggling for starts), despite some talent (decent goals per minute ratio). He’s probably got the potential to be a top quality player at this level, but he’s not there in his development yet. Still, I’d expect him to show his quality on occasion, even if he isn’t particulary consistent yet, and frankly any showing of some form of technical ability will be better than watching Waghorn have his 20 yard first touches like we are at the moment. 

In theory, if we are looking at signing a striker as well as the two positions I’ve said above, then I don’t think it would be as disastrous a move as some are making out. We’re not likely to achieve much this season, so he’d do a job for now, and if we can help him reach his potential we might yet have a player on our hands eventually of the quality that we need to push for promotion in the longer term, if we can keep him. Not the most exciting transfer no, but it’s not the most exciting season let’s be fair, so as long as we’re signing some players to start building for the future then that’ll do for now. Only question is why would we sign a striker when we have sufficient depth there? Is one leaving as the other player to go on loan that Cocu mentioned?

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I know you can’t judge off videos but you can look out for certain things, biggest one for me is ball control, then composure and finishing. Remember when we signed Sammon, watching his videos where nearly all the owls he scored were scuffed.

I know people are saying give trialist a go, he’s scored more goals but 4 goals in league 1 is worth a hell of lot more than 8 penalty’s in the U23’s.

Yep , there’s potential there no doubt 

He's played at virtually every youth level for England so he must have something about him.  And I know it's very fashionable to dig out the recruitment team but I think at youth level we're better than average, so suspect we may have had an eye on him previously. And although he's not coming directly from Tranmere, we do have history of signing their players and it working out alright.

I'm going to clap him.  Welcome to Derby lad.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Only question is why would we sign a striker when we have sufficient depth there? Is one leaving as the other player to go on loan that Cocu mentioned?

I said yesterday Chris Martin could be outgoing, could I be right? ? 

Hope not... first time I hope that I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

I said yesterday Chris Martin could be outgoing, could I be right? ? 

Hope not... first time I hope that I am wrong.

I’d be surprised but who knows? Think it’s more likely to be Marriott or Josefzoon, Martin hasn’t really be linked with a move anywhere this window.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

ol Steve Nic said he'd go into our u23's.

Which basically confirms that the plan is to sign him permanently in the summer. And also suggests we very well could be promoting JHI to the first team; although it could simply be to strengthen our 23s as they are as we've a number permanently involved with the first team now.

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Try before you buy (compensation). We're more likely to pay the full compensation amount than Tranmere are, even if he does only play for the U23s until the end of the season.

I stand corrected. Makes absolutely no sense to me. But there we go.

24 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

He's played at virtually every youth level for England so he must have something about him.  And I know it's very fashionable to dig out the recruitment team but I think at youth level we're better than average, so suspect we may have had an eye on him previously. And although he's not coming directly from Tranmere, we do have history of signing their players and it working out alright.

I'm going to clap him.  Welcome to Derby lad.

Just been talking to my mate about this. For as bad as our recruitment team seems to be. Our recruitment of “youth” players is actually pretty good.

Archived