Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Good seasons is subjective, he was very average. And he was no good on loan here either, and only eventually showed it under McClaren. Managers and systems make a huge difference. 

Well his pre DCFC CV read better than 5 in 21 for Tranmere.  Surely if the lad was going to be signed for the first team he'd be doing better than that.  Probably gonna be in U23's so we can assess him ahead of this contract expiring

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn't impress the fans when on loan, scoring 2 and assisting 2 in 13 games. You could see his class though.
At the start of the following season under Clough he scored 6 and assisted 1 in 12 games. The Martin and Russell partnership looked exceptionally promising (Russell had 4 in 10)

This ^ He was showing his ability before Schteve came in.  Some players click at certain clubs.  Lets hope this lad turns out to be a Martin and not a Lawrence...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Finding his feet in the division below us and actually doing a pretty good job with lots of room for growth.

He will potentially be in the championship next year if he carries on performing and developing. ? 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Accrington. 8 goals and 1 assist in 21 apps this season (1 every 112 minutes)

So we should have kept him then?

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I know you can’t judge off videos but you can look out for certain things, biggest one for me is ball control, then composure and finishing. Remember when we signed Sammon, watching his videos where nearly all the owls he scored were scuffed.

I know people are saying give trialist a go, he’s scored more goals but 4 goals in league 1 is worth a hell of lot more than 8 penalty’s in the U23’s.

Nice performance by him and I actually think he's replacement for Morgan Whittaker, who doesn't look ready yet to play at the Championship level.

Read a couple of comments from villa fans underneath the article on the DET, seem genuine and seem genuinely disappointed that we might well end up getting him for free in the summer when his contracts up 

know nothing about the lad but young, eng u20, hopefully is driven to either succeed in general or to at least earn himself a contract at a decent sized champ club like ourselves 

I’m fine with it, rather we went a little more glad, but this is Derby trying to think outside the box than doubling money on champ players who have just hit a purple patch and get themselves a big deal with us then sit it out unmotivated and not really given a, 

fine with this 

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

How is this signing in any way a sign of desperation?

Because it’s sign anyone again. I’m sure a forward who has scored 4 in 17 in league one is top of Cocus list.....queue the people who have followed his career and says he’s the next Ronaldo 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Because it’s sign anyone again. I’m sure a forward who has scored 4 in 17 in league one is top of Cocus list.....queue the people who have followed his career and says he’s the next Ronaldo 

Maybe it's just a young talent they think has potential and is a low risk deal.

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

Maybe it's just a young talent they think has potential and is a low risk deal.

Maybe but doubt it, and it doesn't  really help with our current predicament. 

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Or queue the people who've never watched him but reckons he's rubbish. Maybe he might be somewhere inbetween.

What the hell is this?

A midget striker who at best has been an impact sub/rotation player in league one this season, and didn't do much the season before in league 2. We must have better, or at least "triallist" deserves a few games ahead of him. 

The Trannies seem to think he's okay, quite pacey and skillfull, but their pitch has stopped him from shining. ?

To lose someone like Bennett permanently and sign this level of player makes very little sense to me, God help us if we're talking Marriott, Waghorn etc. I'm not saying they're perfect but you would bank on both to score far more than this lad. 

Hope Cocu has a plan. 

Archived