Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/07/2020 at 16:30, Rampant said:

What was the point in bringing him in? Did we have an option to buy if we so wished?

I think the idea was to get a good look at him in the U23s but, due to lockdown and then cancellation of the rest of the U23 season, he only got to play three U23 games.

7 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I think the idea was to get a good look at him in the U23s but, due to lockdown and then cancellation of the rest of the U23 season, he only got to play three U23 games.

With Archie and Wilson stepping up the the U23s, Whittaker, JML, Shonibare and Cresswell being our more senior options on the wings, I don't think there was much long term view to him being at the club other than being a squad filler. Stretton is also joining the U23s, with Trialist and Cresswell likely to be preferred ahead of him there was certainly never going to be space for him upfront either.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With Archie and Wilson stepping up the the U23s, Whittaker, JML, Shonibare and Cresswell being our more senior options on the wings, I don't think there was much long term view to him being at the club other than being a squad filler. Stretton is also joining the U23s, with Trialist and Cresswell likely to be preferred ahead of him there was certainly never going to be space for him upfront either.

With so many of the young pros out of contract at the end of the season, plus the second year scholars, it will be interesting to see how many of them actually get retained. Alex Babos and Josh Barnes have already announced that they’ve left the club.

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

With so many of the young pros out of contract at the end of the season, plus the second year scholars, it will be interesting to see how many of them actually get retained. Alex Babos and Josh Barnes have already announced that they’ve left the club.

Due to the likes of Bird, Sibley, etc leap frogging straight into the first team, we've got a bit of a gap between 1st years and the rest, I don't see many others being released due to the size of the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that - 7 in one game - maybe we missed out on another.

On another level I go to Cyprus quite a lot and was once stood next to a certain ex pro, who had a hand full of games for us, was on his mobile saying all the games in Cyprus were fixed and it was mega bent and he wasn't staying one more day.

17 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I saw that - 7 in one game - maybe we missed out on another.

On another level I go to Cyprus quite a lot and was once stood next to a certain ex pro, who had a hand full of games for us, was on his mobile saying all the games in Cyprus were fixed and it was mega bent and he wasn't staying one more day.

Were there many burly bearded bakers involved.....?

image.thumb.png.7a8b2791e7a21c9906b039269f1fce7d.png

Archived