Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

Just now, Rample said:

What the hell is this?

A midget striker who at best has been an impact sub/rotation player in league one this season, and didn't do much the season before in league 2. We must have better, or at least "triallist" deserves a few games ahead of him. 

The Trannies seem to think he's okay, quite pacey and skillfull, but their pitch has stopped him from shining. ?

To lose someone like Bennett permanently and sign this level of player makes very little sense to me, God help us if we're talking Marriott, Waghorn etc. I'm not saying they're perfect but you would bank on both to score far more than this lad. 

Hope Cocu has a plan. 

Signed for the 23 squad............................

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Or queue the people who've never watched him but reckons he's rubbish. Maybe he might be somewhere inbetween.

I’ve watch him, every game (I’m a scout for Derby) he’s rubbish but we need someone in Jan to keep folk happy 

I feel like the type of striker Cocu wants is a mix between Martin and Marriott which is why he plays Waggy as the lone forward sometimes (quick and strong) but as we have seen, he isn’t up to the job. 

This kid from what I’ve read is a quick, tall and skilful forward. This gives him a chance to play the lone forward role.

Hopefully this isn’t the only signing as the squad is lacking quality but we will have to be patient.

I think he is listed at only 5ft 8, not exactly tall and that's from me who is 5ft 6?. But it also says he is 6ft1......so hopefully the latter

Quite happy with this as a signing, low risk,if he is any good we get him for free in the summer. Probably the type of signings we should be doing more often going forward.

But him being the only signing of this window is a bit dissapointing.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I don’t get the issue with this transfer. Young player with potential, negligible cost give him time to develop.......what’s not to like?

Is it view to a perm then? Can’t get no sense out of Steve Nicholson. All it’s says it’s a loan deal until the end of the season, if that’s the case it’s absolutely ridiculous signing to make.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Why do we want him when we have our own double-barrelled striker in the under 23s?

I like the idea. If Hepburn-Murphy passes to Hector-Ingram it will sound on commentary like we have quickly strung 3 passes together in the final third of the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Is it view to a perm then? Can’t get no sense out of Steve Nicholson. All it’s says it’s a loan deal until the end of the season, if that’s the case it’s absolutely ridiculous signing to make.

Steve Nicholson knows absolutely NOTHING that isn't in the public domain 

12 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

It's a loan, primarily to our u23s, until he's out of contract in the summer - at which point I imagine we'll sign him unless he's been awful.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's a loan, primarily to our u23s, until he's out of contract in the summer - at which point I imagine we'll sign him unless he's been awful.

There’s got to be some kind of deal in place. Imagine if he did wonders, then teams will be queuing up for him when he’s out of contract.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When Mitchell-Lawson returns it’ll sound even better 

Made me think whether we have had many double-barrelled players in years gone by.

Obviously Ian Storey-Moore doesn’t count. Was JM-L the first? I realise there are probably quite a few, but I just can’t bring any to mind.

5 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Made me think whether we have had many double-barrelled players in years gone by.

Obviously Ian Storey-Moore doesn’t count. Was JM-L the first? I realise there are probably quite a few, but I just can’t bring any to mind.

Wayne fookin Rooney.

Archived