Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

I'm sure he is a good player but I'm not sure he is what we really need?

As far as I can tell he is a right footed left winger, when what really need is the opposite.

Unless Lawrence is moving on this is going to leave us lopsided still and without a good option on the right wing

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

£3m sounds like a pretty decent price for a player of his pedigree. Would make sense for us to reignite our interest given we still need a winger.

We have no income bar the money passed down from the premiership ( which will be reduced this season) we have to pay all the staff employed by the club and all the season ticket holders who wanted refunds last season need to be refunded yet, if we sign anyone it will be free transfers or maybe a loan or two unless we sell established players like Lawrence and Bogle and it’s hard to replace them and maybe promising youngsters like sibley and bird which no one wants to do? The one main thing would be that most teams in the championship will be in the same situation apart from the parachute clubs. 

8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I'm sure he is a good player but I'm not sure he is what we really need?

As far as I can tell he is a right footed left winger, when what really need is the opposite.

Unless Lawrence is moving on this is going to leave us lopsided still and without a good option on the right wing

If Lawrence is in the last year of his contract ( I think he is ) then selling or a signed new contract is an absolute priority I would think ? but in terms of balance and if it isn’t there naturally then maybe we would need to have a more solid shape because we actually have the central midfielders to do that in my opinion 

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know too much about this guy, but considering he's a young player, full Polish international and seems to already have a really good reputation in his own country would suggest that he more than ticks the boxes. He plays in a 'problem' area too. 

It's just a shame that any player with 0s in the price tag looks to be a bit of a stretch, at least until we find out what's going on with the EFL.

Providing it's one 0 with no other numbers in front we should be ok.

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If Lawrence is in the last year of his contract ( I think he is ) then selling or a signed new contract is an absolute priority I would think ? but in terms of balance and if it isn’t there naturally then maybe we would need to have a more solid shape because we actually have the central midfielders to do that in my opinion 

Lawrence has 2 years

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

£3m sounds like a pretty decent price for a player of his pedigree. Would make sense for us to reignite our interest given we still need a winger.

Don’t know if he’s worth that sort of money or if Cocu still wants him but if you think we were paying Anya,Martin and Huddlestone nearly 100k a week in wages,then it’d only take 30 weeks to pay for him! Wonder if they’d accept a monthly direct debit???

I've got to say, this signing would excite me if it came off. He's a proper winger which we've sorely lacked for years, has mainly played on the left but has also played on the right. Had an unreal season and still young so potential to improve further.

A winger should be #1 priority for transfers, and I reckon this guy would be as good a signing as we could get

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Apparently came from here.

"Kamil Jóźwiak, after a good season for Lech Poznań, is associated with many foreign clubs. Today Derby County applied for the competitor's services." - https://futbolnews.pl/newsroom/31116,kamil-jozwiak-trafi-do-anglii-pilkarz-lecha-poznan-w-kregu-zainteresowan-Derby-county

Surprised this article has only just come to the surface now, considering it's an almost 4 week old story.

I'm not sure the link is solid/serious, but its promising if we are looking at players like this. A 22-year-old winger who scored 8 goals in 30 or so games this season, in a league of similar standard to ours. It seems like a no brainer if we could sign him, but not sure we can. 

Archived