Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

7 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Yeah, but his american football tweets are super boring. 

He also hasn't so far displayed any inside knowledge whatsoever. So you may as well just follow Steve from the pub and you'd have the same insight. 

Won't knock it as I don't subscribe to it. But what insight do you get from 'The Athletic' that you can't access elsewhere for free? Seems bonkers to me.

I just don’t understand the Athletic hiring someone who isn’t local and hasn’t worked with the club before. 

He can’t just ring up the club and ask for transfer news.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

He also hasn't so far displayed any inside knowledge whatsoever. So you may as well just follow Steve from the pub and you'd have the same insight. 

Won't knock it as I don't subscribe to it. But what insight do you get from 'The Athletic' that you can't access elsewhere for free? Seems bonkers to me.

They do have a top class network of writers and content creators, but if you were planning on subscribing purely for Derby related stories... don't.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I just don’t understand the Athletic hiring someone who isn’t local and hasn’t worked with the club before. 

They didn't have many options. It was a choice between poaching someone from the DET or get someone new in. The DET haven't got anyone 'in-the-know' anymore so it didn't really matter.

Obviously going off topic here from the thread but just wanted to make a point regarding the Athletic.

It is not solely for "exclusive transfer news" or ITK or whatever.

It does however provide some great articles about the beautiful game we call football and gives us an insight on what goes on behind closed doors.

Overall if you have the spare 30 quid or whatever I'd reccomend giving it a shot (I got a free trial then 50% off annual membership so I paid 29 pounds I think..)

But for anyone who thinks its basically going to be a haven of exclusive never before heard transfer gossip then you're dead wrong.

The articles on there make a great change from all the recycled dross from the Daily fail, s*n etc.

10 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

There was just a teensy bit of irony in my post ?

55 minutes ago, Squid said:

Obviously going off topic here from the thread but just wanted to make a point regarding the Athletic.

It does however provide some great articles about the beautiful game we call football and gives us an insight on what goes on behind closed doors.

Overall if you have the spare 30 quid or whatever I'd reccomend giving it a shot (I got a free trial then 50% off annual membership so I paid 29 pounds I think..)

But for anyone who thinks its basically going to be a haven of exclusive never before heard transfer gossip then you're dead wrong.

The articles on there make a great change from all the recycled dross from the Daily fail, s*n etc.

And is the promo code #squidcommission

4 hours ago, Srg said:

They do have a top class network of writers and content creators, but if you were planning on subscribing purely for Derby related stories... don't.

I just love modern terminology

you want news ?

i struggle sometimes when this is described as “creating content” .. I’m tempted to say, you couldn’t make it up ?

6 minutes ago, jono said:

I just love modern terminology

you want news ?

i struggle sometimes when this is described as “creating content” .. I’m tempted to say, you couldn’t make it up ?

I meant podcasts and long-forms. They aren't just "news".

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

I meant podcasts and long-forms. They aren't just "news".

I was messing around, just love words and language and how things alter over time. Nuance, implication, secondary meanings all that sort of thing 

12 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

I don't subscribe, but the amount of content available is insane. Everything from tactical breakdowns, club history, academy information, etc, available at loads of clubs across the Premier League and EFL. The Forest reporter even published RonnieRonalde's story. In terms of pure Derby, I know Ryan Conway has produced articles on Rooney's tactical impact, the history of Steve Bloomer, interviews with Archie Brown's family, to name but a few. I can't comment on the insight those articles give, but there's a far wider range of content being produced than the DET can offer. It tells you something when top local journalists like Phil Hay (Yorkshire Evening Post) are now working for them.

5 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

In that case, I suppose the DET should bin off Steve Nicholson? Conway now lives in Derby anyway.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Bang on. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Can anyone find the Polish Media source that has said he's not moving?

I believe it originates from the Warsaw edition of the Daily Mail.

Not only is he staying, but we are now being investigated for illegally tapping the player up whilst chatting at a bus stop.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It tells you something when top local journalists like Phil Hay (Yorkshire Evening Post) are now working for them.

Their pay offers are insane. Upto 5x existing salaries for some writers.

31 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

A fair point. However, the fact is that they're now working for the Athletic and contributing to its output. How they got there is irrelevant.

They've got some big names, wish they'd take Martin Samuel so I don't have to look at the Mail.

My favourites are the catch ups with long forgotten players.

Archived