Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see why there's a link to new investment? Surely we weren't relying on that 8mn just to cover a couple of months of wages? (Think our wage bill £40mn)

Sounds like there's a cash flow problem. And given club financed by Mel's benevolence, maybe that means he has less cash on tap and his money tied up in fixed assets he needs to liquidate?

Whatever reason, we could do without this.  

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

'A SPOKESPERSON' just like 'sky sources'. Nothing to see here folks

Is a spokesperson for the club not them getting a comment from someone at the club? I assumed they would have used something like 'a source within the club,' if it wasn't a direct response?

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Something and nothing. 

Sorry, but I cannot believe that any employed person in the world would react to them not being paid by their employer by saying that its "something and nothing". 

I have been a finance director of businesses for over 30 years and I can tell you that there is only one reason why you would not pay your staff on time.  And an  admin rooster up is not that reason. Its because you have run out of money. To say that its a last resort to do this doesn't even get close to the background that will have preceded this situation. Think tip of the iceberg parallels. 

This news, if true, is incredibly worrying. 

Bury, Macclesfield and Notts County are one thing. For this to happen at Derby County is absolutely shocking beyond words.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Bank holiday guys.

They are being paid tomorrow.

It’s simply a daily fail article in which has a title that is bound to draw several reads.

It’s not that deep, I’m sure ? 

The last day of the month was the 31st. Not a bank holiday. 

Well this has escalated quickly. How has players being paid a day late turned into 'the investors have probably pulled out' ?‍♂️

Could be late for any reason but as always let's just jump to the worst possible conclusion without any facts ?

Archived