Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mels interview the other night was strange for me, it was like a Mike Bassett rant about sticking with 442.

The way he said words to the affect "we need to start playing the kids and fans need to realise that", sounded like a man saying "we have no cash so there isn't any other option".

I just wonder if he was aware of there being an issue with the investment when he went on radio Derby.

He certainly didn't come across as someone who was happy after just winning the pools.

He definitely sounded irritated. Even Ramage wouldn’t make anyone sound that annoyed. 

obviously in a spot of bother if we’ve tried holding talks with that guy from Fenerbache, supposedly bringing in Carter-Vickers, and more.

If we was down poo creek with our finances we wouldn’t be even holding talks with anyone.

Relax yourselves, no point stirring.

Wayne Rooney on the Pride Park pitch tomorra, we’ll be sound.

8 minutes ago, Emson said:

Sorry, but I cannot believe that any employed person in the world would react to them not being paid by their employer by saying that its "something and nothing". 

I have been a finance director of businesses for over 30 years and I can tell you that there is only one reason why you would not pay your staff on time.  And an  admin rooster up is not that reason. Its because you have run out of money. To say that its a last resort to do this doesn't even get close to the background that will have preceded this situation. Think tip of the iceberg parallels. 

This news, if true, is incredibly worrying. 

Bury, Macclesfield and Notts County are one thing. For this to happen at Derby County is absolutely shocking beyond words.

To balance things out, could we have a list of clubs who have, at one time or another, not paid their players wages for one reason or another and are doing alright now. 

The red dogs and villa are 2 that spring to mind straight away and both were taken to court over noon payment of tax by hmrc, so let's not panic just yet. 

Regarding the investment, I would think that MM has had to keep putting money in and possibly the investment should have gone through before the end of the month, with that money being used to run the club. Because of an unforseen last minute hitch the deal hasn't been completed and MM will be only able to transfer money to the club tomorrow morning. 

22 minutes ago, Emson said:

Sorry, but I cannot believe that any employed person in the world would react to them not being paid by their employer by saying that its "something and nothing". 

I have been a finance director of businesses for over 30 years and I can tell you that there is only one reason why you would not pay your staff on time.  And an  admin rooster up is not that reason. Its because you have run out of money. To say that its a last resort to do this doesn't even get close to the background that will have preceded this situation. Think tip of the iceberg parallels. 

Bury, Macclesfield and Notts County are one thing. For this to happen at Derby County is absolutely shocking beyond words.

There is no evidence in that article saying there is a cash flow issue. If there is no money they wouldn’t be being paid a day later would they? 

Genius from Melvyn, once again.

Make out we’re going through money issues by making up some baalocks to a crap rag paper.

Everyone will think we’re in the poo

Then, When Mel turns around and says “we can offer you £23.75 for X player, and thats it” they wont try and rip us off.

Masterclass.

31 minutes ago, Emson said:

I have also worked as financial controller for a company that once or twice has not paid their employees on time due to admin errors.

So am afraid will have to correct you on your "there is only one reason why you would not pay your staff on time.  And an  admin rooster up is not that reason. Its because you have run out of money." assertion.

How many times are we going to embarrass ourselves this season?

We don't come across as a well run club anymore, in my opinion. 

Not paying your staff on time, under any circumstances, is shocking, embarrassing and worrying to say the least.

Archived