Hamer

DCFC27

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the guy. I see so many people who give their line ups for the next match and want Roos back in for his distribution. I honestly couldn’t care less about who’s got better distribution (I don’t even think Roos does have better distribution), all I want them to do is catch and shot stop...Hamer does those things better than Roos. 

Cant help but feel the team/defence feels much more confident with him behind them. Since he has been in the team I havent been as worried when corners & crosses come into the box and we have looked much better from them with him in goal. Add Wisdom & Clarke and we're looking pretty solid as a back 5. If Benkovic came in for Davies that for me would be the back 5 for the rest of the season. 

Very good performance last night tbf. A couple of great saves which really contributed towards the win. I still don’t think he’s good enough to be first choice at this level though, his distribution is slow and crap at times. He’s a league one goalie for me. But yes, very very good last night, so let’s hope he plays like that every week and proves me wrong!

I prefer him to Roos.  Great double save last night but overall he seems to have more presence, and command of his box than Roos, and that's important, not least instilling confidence in those in front of him.  Is he the longer term solution? No IMO but I'd keep him between the sticks ahead of Roos.  

Fumbled one cross into the box last night from what I remember, but overall he seems to command his box and actually tell his defenders what to do. Overall I have been pleasantly surprised with him. 

Not his fault he has had to face so many penalties in the short amount of time he has been in goal for us, so I can't hold them against him. But he hasn't really conceded a goal that I have instantly thought should have been an easy save!

I don't think he is as good as prime Carson, but he is doing a job and I am willing to stick by him. 

I preferred his distribution last night over Roos. He passed short if the option was on. At one point the ball got played back to him he was being closed down, bang it went upfield no messing. There is a time & place for playing out from the back & there is a time & place for lumping it 

9 hours ago, Mckram said:

I like the guy. I see so many people who give their line ups for the next match and want Roos back in for his distribution. I honestly couldn’t care less about who’s got better distribution (I don’t even think Roos does have better distribution), all I want them to do is catch and shot stop...Hamer does those things better than Roos. 

I want someone to do both. His kicking last night really wasn't very good. All it does is give the ball and momentum to the opposition. 

9 hours ago, Mckram said:

Like I said after the Wigan game, I loved when he came out to punch and cleared out Davies at the same time as he got the ball! No way would Roos have done that.

Blackburn away he should have been better placed and then would have stopped the shot. No other real errors for me. (At a push the Millwall goal)

Last night, the save was sensational, but the reaction to foil the follow up incredible. I also feel like he knows when to punch or catch and did that well yesterday.

Finally, I was actually very pleased with his decision making on slowing the game down at times yesterday. The amount of times fans bay for a quick release even know our players have opposition players 10 yards away is annoying. We had ten men, we needed restbites yesterday and he gave us that.

If the form of last night, coupled with Clarke coming back in can continue, we should concede less.

17 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I want someone to do both. His kicking last night really wasn't very good. All it does is give the ball and momentum to the opposition. 

He hit  a great pass to Marriott who probably will have disappointed not to hit the target.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Very good performance last night tbf. A couple of great saves which really contributed towards the win. I still don’t think he’s good enough to be first choice at this level though, his distribution is slow and crap at times. He’s a league one goalie for me. But yes, very very good last night, so let’s hope he plays like that every week and proves me wrong!

I'd agree. Perhaps lower Championship rather than league 1. But he does seem to have the confidence of the players in front of him so he'll do for the remainder of the season if we can't find a good no.1 this window. Takes the pressure off a bit.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Not meaning to be a grammar Nazi, infact I almost want restbites added to the dictionary on the strength of this post alone, but I had to have a little chuckle at that.

Respite! 

Restbites. 

Bite sized periods of rest during an otherwise period of hard work.

Shortly to be added to Oxford English dictionary.

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

The amount of times fans bay for a quick release even know our players have opposition players 10 yards away is annoying. We had ten men, we needed restbites yesterday and he gave us that.

Maddening wasn't it. Some of our fans seem to have no clue at all ?

Archived