Duane Holmes

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

When running with the ball through the midfield reminds me a bit of Wee Archie ( 1st spell ). Not saying he is as good as but picking up the ball and driving forward very similar 

Yes....and exactly what we need. Players that take them on instead of passing backwards and sidewards at the first sniff of opposition. 

Another excellent performance by my main man on Friday night. His natural technical ability is unreal considering the amount we paid for him, what a bargain that deal was. His touch and control in tight spaces is brilliant, the way he can wriggle himself our even the tightest bits of marking is seriously impressive, as is how effortlessly he glides around the pitch. Obviously his aim now has to be to get those goals and assists tallies up to prove that he’s good enough to be our main creative midfielder moving forward as we hopefully improve the players around him to push for the prem. Right now though, he’s easily one of our best players, and hopefully we’ll see even more of him with a better frontline ahead of him next season.

On 02/02/2020 at 09:44, Reggie Greenwood said:

When running with the ball through the midfield reminds me a bit of Wee Archie ( 1st spell ). Not saying he is as good as but picking up the ball and driving forward very similar 

You know what never thought of it like this but now you mention it ‘Yes’ absolutely. 

POTY will be an interesting one this year. Before January, everyone, including Holmes was complete arse. 

Since Rooney started playing there are a number of improved players; Holmes most of all so far. Although if Bird keeps up his recent performances he might be in with a shot. Then there's Rooney himself, of course. Does the fan vote have requirements to make a vote? Need a fan number or something?

Just now, SaintRam said:

POTY will be an interesting one this year. Before January, everyone, including Holmes was complete arse. 

Since Rooney started playing there are a number of improved players; Holmes most of all so far. Although if Bird keeps up his recent performances he might be in with a shot. Then there's Rooney himself, of course. Does the fan vote have requirements to make a vote? Need a fan number or something?

Don't believe so. Just think it's a poll on the website.

Been great since Rooney arrived. Pretty pedestrian and wasteful before then. Good to see him turn his season around. POTY, on the 1st half of the season absolutely no chance. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Don't believe so. Just think it's a poll on the website.

So we could get an influx of Rooney fanclub saddos who makes it a landslide for Wayne. From seeing that region of twitter, I don't think that's all too unlikely.

Only thing between him and a prem team is his physicality same with Bannan both have great ability but a prem club wouldn’t risk putting them in the middle of the park. 
He’s always looked good for us, it was just managing to get 2/3 games back to back out of him without getting niggles. Cocu seems to have got that out of his game and we’re now seeing him consistently.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So we could get an influx of Rooney fanclub saddos who makes it a landslide for Wayne. From seeing that region of twitter, I don't think that's all too unlikely.

Even if you require a Fan ID Number, it is easy enough to achieve. 

Archived