Duane Holmes

DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

POTY will be an interesting one this year. Before January, everyone, including Holmes was complete arse. 

Since Rooney started playing there are a number of improved players; Holmes most of all so far. Although if Bird keeps up his recent performances he might be in with a shot. Then there's Rooney himself, of course. Does the fan vote have requirements to make a vote? Need a fan number or something?

Before Christmas I felt it was Lowe’s to lose. However, since then Holmes has been phenomenal. 

Young player of the year will be just as tough... Bogle, Knight, Bird, Lowe all in with a shout. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Only thing between him and a prem team is his physicality same with Bannan both have great ability but a prem club wouldn’t risk putting them in the middle of the park. 
He’s always looked good for us, it was just managing to get 2/3 games back to back out of him without getting niggles. Cocu seems to have got that out of his game and we’re now seeing him consistently.

I’d say finishing, decision making and final ball are the thing between him and premier league level.

He has obvious talents but to me he looks difficult to play with. He makes runs into places where it is difficult to pass to him, and often (but not so much lately) stands on top of the player with the ball. He should learn a lot from playing with Rooney. POTY? I don’t think there is an obvious candidate yet. 

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

He has obvious talents but to me he looks difficult to play with. He makes runs into places where it is difficult to pass to him, and often (but not so much lately) stands on top of the player with the ball. He should learn a lot from playing with Rooney. POTY? I don’t think there is an obvious candidate yet. 

I can't disagree with this much more. 

10 minutes ago, bcnram said:

spongebob squarepants thumbs down GIF

10 minutes ago, bcnram said:

How can someone who is always available for a pass hard to play with? Now he is playing with Bird and Rooney who both are actually using this "off-the-passing-shadow" ability. ("off-the-passing-shadow" is that even a term in English football? Makes sense anyway, right?)

He does make runs where you wouldn't want to pass but those runs are made with the ball.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Duane Holmes was an absolute snip at 500 thousand great british quid

And due to our current financial state, we're gonna need a few more like this.

Hopefully the past few weeks is proof of sustained improvement as his decision making in the final third is definitely getting better

22 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Players love to play with players that always make themselves available.  Nothing worse when a team mate goes hiding behind his marker.  Rooney is already benefiting from this, because it creates space & time for him to dictate play

27 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

And due to our current financial state, we're gonna need a few more like this.

Hopefully the past few weeks is proof of sustained improvement as his decision making in the final third is definitely getting better

Charlie Kirk at Crewe (AM)

Nabil Alioui at Monaco - serious about this guy! (winger)

Heorhii Tsitaishvili at Dynamo Kiev (winger)

Leonidas Stergiou at St. Gallen (center back)

That's just four ? 

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Charlie Kirk at Crewe (AM)

Nabil Alioui at Monaco - serious about this guy! (winger)

Heorhii Tsitaishvili at Dynamo Kiev (winger)

Leonidas Stergiou at St. Gallen (center back)

That's just four ? 

Thanks SI.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I’d say finishing, decision making and final ball are the thing between him and premier league level.

I think you need the Tom Lawrence thread fella. Bar Rooney Holmes is the best player we have for all of those. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

You're fooling no one you've personally scouted those players by watching their games.

Charlie Kirk - watched him (albeit not much - Port Vale supporting friend raves about him too)

Nabil Alioui - seen him play for france u19's plus several videos online.

Heorhii Tsitaishvili - saw him at u20 world cup plus again several videos online (also getting rave reviews and supposedly scouted by some big names)

Leonidas Stergiou - mentioned him before. Friends a St. Gallen fan and thinks he's quality.

But ok, You're correct, obviously...

Archived