Promotion

Yani P

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/01/2020 at 18:08, New Gold Dream said:

i placed £25 for Derby to finish in top 6 at 66/1, just before the Charlton home match. I think I have a made a good decision, we are only going to get better. This has been a disappointing and boring season so far, until the last week. We need another a striker and a wide player. 

Rooney is still a class player, 190 minutes in less than 3 days. All washed up? No chance. He will be our most significant signing since Dave Mackay and he will have a similar impact.  Either this season or next season, we are going up.

I had £7 on us at 50/1  on New Year's Day morning to finish top 6, i could just see something was going to change, and I'm confident we can win 3 out of the next 4 games. 

Hull will be a draw. 

On 05/01/2020 at 17:55, Rampage said:

Time to do a Villa run in. Rams looking highly motivated at present.

Promotion, why not.

Or a Fulham.  The last two times they reached the play offs (in particular in 16/17), they were languishing in mid table, and only put a run together around Christmas onwards.  There's a team every year that puts some form together from the turn of the year. why not us this season??

Take 3 points of Boro and we'll fly...

We may only be 8 points off the play offs but there are 10 teams above us in a better position also trying to get in to the top 6, each of them with a superior goal difference. We don't have a hope in hell of making the play offs, sorry.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

We may only be 8 points off the play offs but there are 10 teams above us in a better position also trying to get in to the top 6, each of them with a superior goal difference. We don't have a hope in hell of making the play offs, sorry.

Of course we do. 

But whether we will is another matter. We could do with Cocu discovering he is afterall a 'lucky manager' and a decent run of injury free games.

6 minutes ago, admira said:

It’s very unlikely, but to say ‘we don’t have a hope in hell’ is completely foolish. There was a thread made in April last year saying we had no chance of reaching the Play Offs. Look how that turned out.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s very unlikely, but to say ‘we don’t have a hope in hell’ is completely foolish. There was a thread made in April last year saying we had no chance of reaching the Play Offs. Look how that turned out.

Keep the faith, I seem to recall somebody said after the Huddersfield game away we were going up. ?

In 95 - 96 

After 17 games we had 24 points 1.4 points per game

After 26 games we had 49 points 1.9 points per game but we had just won 7 on the bounce or 10 out of 11 (drew with Palace away) or 31 points from 11 games or 2.8 points per game 

By the end of Feb we were 6 points clear of second and 8 (I think) clear of third. Basically from 11/11/95 to 05/03/96 we went from potential relegation to the Championship was ours to throw away - which we did !!  But it basically took 46 points from 20 games 

But from this point on we got 30 points from 20 games 1.5 points per game

We finished after 46 games on 79 points in Second 1.7 points per game (Was this a poor season in general ?)

So we secured 55 points from 29 games 1.9 points per game

This year after 17 games we had 24 points so exactly the same

However Currently we have played 26 and have 33 points so we are 16 points behind that season already

Ironically 20 games left - add that 20 match run from 95 -96 we finish with P46 Pts 79

Over the last 5 years on average 87 to get promoted and 74.4 to get in the playoffs in 2015 you needed 78 to get in the playoffs.

So that kind of run would get us in the playoffs

Why do I mention all this - because that run in 1995/96 was proceeded by the arrival of Igor Stimac.

It just goes to show how significant the right signing can be !!

Can Wayne do an Igor ??

21 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Would be funny if we did sneak 6th place by winning at Birmingham on the 2nd May and Leeds blew it again and finished 3rd.

It would be even funnier If we beat Leeds in our second to last game of the season to secure our playoff place and knock them out the autos. Then beat them again the playoffs.

9 hours ago, admira said:

31 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Had a tenner on us top 6 (28-1)and Grimsby top 7 (22-1)  @ 666-1 double 

Banking on the Rooney n Holloway effect !!! 

Spooky!  ?  ?

To get to 6th we need to catch up 50 points shared among those teams above us. However if we had 36 points already instead of 33 points we would only need to catch up 21points. A running streak of 4 more wins would make a massive difference. At least six teams above us must lose two or three points in their next game because they are playing teams above us but because it is a tight league even if we beat Boro we will not rise more than a couple of places. We can do it if we go on a good run. COYR

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course we do. 

But whether we will is another matter. We could do with Cocu discovering he is afterall a 'lucky manager' and a decent run of injury free games.

Really??? So if Cocu does succeed at all its just luck and you mentioned in another post Roy that he MIGHT stumble on a formation that suits...you really can't hide the fact  Roy that you have no faith in Cocu...luck and stumble...hmmmm perhaps he's a good manager after all ...I know that will upset you so 

On 06/01/2020 at 17:45, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Typical. It will be the first year out of 14 that I won't be there next season, as I'm studying abroad. 

You won't regret it regardless of the football. I lived in Hungary for most of Mac1 and even if we'd won against QPR I wouldn't have regretted it. You'll have an incredible time and it's great life experience.

I did still have a season ticket and flew back a few times (family members and friends shared it the rest of the time). So that's always an option. And made getting the Wembley ticket easier, mwahaha.

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Really??? So if Cocu does succeed at all its just luck and you mentioned in another post Roy that he MIGHT stumble on a formation that suits...you really can't hide the fact  Roy that you have no faith in Cocu...luck and stumble...hmmmm perhaps he's a good manager after all ...I know that will upset you so 

Oh give over, why don't you.

Where did I say any of the crap you're spouting? He's hardly been a lucky manager with injuries. Sometimes it seems some managers/players are luckier than others. 

Archived