Promotion

Yani P

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the table and despite everything this season we're only 9 points off 6th.  A few good signings, Rooney on fire and the rest of the team playing er, like a team and its not impossible.   

Its a long shot but would be nice to have a good second half of the season and make a late promotion push.  We've just got 3 points for the first time in ages, lemme dream tonight!

Would happily take a top half finish given the circumstances of this season and our recent awful form,  would be amazing just to get near the playoffs from being 20th placed before tonight, beat Barnsley and Rooney scoring and getting off to a flyer followed by an away win and a few new signings and you never know if Leicester can win the Prem its not impossible until it becomes impossible.

What a turnaround that would be, considering we have won 7 out of 25 and not won back-to-back games all season.

To go from that to winning (at least) 12-13 games out of 21 would be absolutely bonkers.

I think we've left it a little late this year. But if we see more stirring performances like tonight's, no-one will care.

Come on folks, the OP was joking!

The win was great and I don’t want to put a negative spin on it but Charlton were awful.

If we win 4 of the next 5 then you can start to believe, but even if we somehow managed that I bet we are still 6 points off the play offs.

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

Come on folks, the OP was joking!

The win was great and I don’t want to put a negative spin on it but Charlton were awful.

If we win 4 of the next 5 then you can start to believe, but even if we somehow managed that I bet we are still 6 points off the play offs.

I didn't assume that, it's a long season and it's not over until it's over. If Cocu stumbles across a winning formation and sticks with it plus a few January players...who knows.

Edit: yes Charlton were worse than Wigan.

Archived