Promotion

Yani P

On 31/12/2019 at 08:56, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't assume that, it's a long season and it's not over until it's over. If Cocu stumbles across a winning formation and sticks with it plus a few January players...who knows.

Edit: yes Charlton were worse than Wigan.

This is giving no credit to our manager whatsoever....then you mention luck.....whatever Roy keep up the snidey digs....

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Paese said:

You won't regret it regardless of the football. I lived in Hungary for most of Mac1 and even if we'd won against QPR I wouldn't have regretted it. You'll have an incredible time and it's great life experience.

I did still have a season ticket and flew back a few times (family members and friends shared it the rest of the time). So that's always an option. And made getting the Wembley ticket easier, mwahaha.

Thanks.

I’m likely to keep my season ticket, despite it making no financial sense. I want to look back when I’m old and say I’ve had a season ticket for X number of years, without having to qualify it with ‘apart from that one year abroad’. Petty, I know.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh give over, why don't you.

Where did I say any of the crap you're spouting? He's hardly been a lucky manager with injuries. Sometimes it seems some managers/players are luckier than others. 

In fairness mate, you do invite quite a lot of the flak you get. Any thoughts  you now venture on Cocu that are even mildly ambiguous will only be taken one way and if he does well you're going to get a Toddy / Ninos style roasting.

On the flipside, if you're right, a handful might begrudgingly admit as such but I wouldn't hold your breath ?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

In fairness mate, you do invite quite a lot of the flak you get. Any thoughts  you now venture on Cocu that are even mildly ambiguous will only be taken one way and if he does well you're going to get a Toddy / Ninos style roasting.

On the flipside, if you're right, a handful might begrudgingly admit as such but I wouldn't hold your breath ?

Meh, for what I've said is one thing for make-up interpretations by someone with an angle to highlight, nah. ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh, for what I've said is one thing for make-up interpretations by someone with an angle to highlight, nah. ?

In fairness, I took your comment the same way mate and I've got a bit of time for you even if you are a miserable git  ? 

We certainly have a decent chance if we can sort out our 2nd half season form as this has been our achilles heel for years.

Look at the table below:

In the past 6 seasons we have NEVER scored more points in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st.

That includes the 13-14 season where we won 5 of our last 6.

We have easily scored our lowest first half total in 7 seasons so the only way is up

April will be the defining month for us...on paper nightmare fixtures..if we can get through that with a positive outcome we really will be in the mix..

We play:

Forest

WBA

Brentford

Cardiff

Leeds

dcfc2.JPG

30 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We certainly have a decent chance if we can sort out our 2nd half season form as this has been our achilles heel for years.

Look at the table below:

In the past 6 seasons we have NEVER scored more points in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st.

We have easily scored our lowest first half total in 7 seasons so the only way is up

April will be the defining month for us...on paper nightmare fixtures..if we can get through that with a positive outcome we really will be in the mix..

We play:

Forest

WBA

Brentford

Cardiff

Leeds

dcfc2.JPG

Every single season we have been poorer in the second half. Although 13/14 was some year all round. Such a poor first half of the season this year suggests we are too far off. I think these young players will come good and next year could be our year.

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Every single season we have been poorer in the second half. Although 13/14 was some year all round. Such a poor first half of the season this year suggests we are too far off. I think these young players will come good and next year could be our year.

Or does it suggest that our best is yet to come?

On 08/01/2020 at 22:02, S8TY said:

Really??? So if Cocu does succeed at all its just luck and you mentioned in another post Roy that he MIGHT stumble on a formation that suits...you really can't hide the fact  Roy that you have no faith in Cocu...luck and stumble...hmmmm perhaps he's a good manager after all ...I know that will upset you so 

Bielik's injury tonight - that's the sort of luck for Cocu I meant. He doesn't seem to be a lucky manager #shrug# what can he do!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bielik's injury tonight - that's the sort of luck for Cocu I meant. He doesn't seem to be a lucky manager #shrug# what can he do!

C'mon Roy you're clearly in denial if you think your comments about Cocu "stumbling across a formation that works " or being a "lucky manager" are anything other than snidey digs...you clearly don't have any faith in Cocu and that is your choice of course and i respect peoples opinions but its just tiresome when you comment negatively when Cocu has changed his formation ( where you say he got it wrong to start with ) or if we play well then ( he has stumbled upon a formation ) just for once maybe see that Cocu has done something good or positive. next you'll be saying that Cocu has had no influence on our young academy players and its all down to previous coaches blah blah... He has brought in Bird,Knight,Sibley,Lowe,Whittaker and these players Whittaker apart have for me been our best players so far this season so he is doing a great job integrating them into our team and that is not as easy as some portray it to be but he creating a pathway to our first team without it seeming like a massive jump..something MM wanted to happen and it is happening.....for the record I actually like reading your posts and you're usually quite constant although you come across as a miserable bugger its clear that your comments about being lucky were not about injuries...every team has them and we are no different.

Regarding injury to Bielik, he  has not really shown enough to suggest he's even a starter yet as has been so in-consistent, thats not to say he won't get better but him getting injured tonight is just another player who joins the injury list of players who have not proved yet to be significantly  missed in our team...I'm hoping in time he will be greatly missed but at this moment in time is not a great loss as he's not done much to date...

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

C'mon Roy you're clearly in denial if you think your comments about Cocu "stumbling across a formation that works " or being a "lucky manager" are anything other than snidey digs...

Of course they're more than 'snidey digs'! FFS I'd thought that would have been obvious even to you!

Has he 'stumbled on a formation?' Yes. Does he stick with it? No.

The point about being a 'lucky manager', well he's not had much bar bad luck.

There's not a lot more to read into it, I've no idea what your long tirade ais about cos I stopped reading after you'd gone on again about 'digs'. ?

On 09/01/2020 at 20:04, Yani P said:

Look at the table below:

We play:

Forest

WBA

Brentford

Cardiff

Leeds

dcfc2.JPG

We will be lucky to get more than about 4 points from that lot looking at it based off current standings/form,  that's a seriously hard looking run. Although by then those teams may have an injury crisis or poor run of form that changes things completely , Cardiff are certainly beatable anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 14:19, Marriott Ram99 said:

We will be lucky to get more than about 4 points from that lot looking at it based off current standings/form,  that's a seriously hard looking run. Although by then those teams may have an injury crisis or poor run of form that changes things completely , Cardiff are certainly beatable anyway.

Staggeringly difficult times ahead. If the EFL hearing goes against us and we have a points deduction we may struggle to stay up. 

Archived