Promotion

Yani P

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If we'd managed to beat Luton, this could have been on. As it stands though, 7 points is probably too many to make up.

Let me remind you that after 31 games last season, Aston villa were on 44 points. We're on 43. Believe...

I've said it once and will say it again as long as we are within 6 points of the playoffs with 2 games left we still have a chance.

Lot of football left to play. We are doing really well at the moment. Could easily go 4 or 5 games without a win in this league.

Nice to dream.

This team is capable of finishing in the top 6. It was true in August and the nature of recent performances suggest it's still true now. The players have always been good enough.

But given the position we are in and given that we still have the FFP issue hanging over us, the top six's not worth thinking about.

What's important is that recent performances become the norm and Cocu and the boys give us reasons to be proud and optimistic going into next season.

Restoring pride should be the aim from here.

33 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

How can anybody dismiss the play-offs with a third of the seaosn still to go, only 7 points off last spot, just scored 11 goals in our last 3 games, Bristol City to play next who are within touching distance of the play-offs and Wayne Rooney knitting everything together.

Ask Wayne if he thinks we can make the play-offs. 

A few weeks ago people were saying there were too many teams above us for us to seriously think about promotion. And now we are in a position where 5 of the teams between us and the playoffs are only 3 points or less above us with us having to play all of them in the coming weeks. The only other two teams between us and the playoffs are Preston and Bristol and whilst they are 7 points ahead of us we do still have to play both of them again this season.

38 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This team is capable of finishing in the top 6. It was true in August and the nature of recent performances suggest it's still true now. The players have always been good enough.

But given the position we are in and given that we still have the FFP issue hanging over us, the top six's not worth thinking about.

What's important is that recent performances become the norm and Cocu and the boys give us reasons to be proud and optimistic going into next season.

Restoring pride should be the aim from here.

Whilst I agree with your totally realistic & pragmatic post, if you can’t dare to dream, if you have nothing to aspire to & aim for what is the point??? Where there is still time there is still a chance surely??

13 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Whilst I agree with your totally realistic & pragmatic post, if you can’t dare to dream, if you have nothing to aspire to & aim for what is the point??? Where there is still time there is still a chance surely??

Normally I would be the one with my head full of dreams and the one eyeing up flights to London in May.

I just think as amazing as it would be, everything seems to be going against us this season, so I'm not getting my hopes up personally. It doesn't have the feel of 'this is our year', it has the feel of 'if anything could go wrong, it will and disastrously and cruelly so'.

Of course, the players should be playing to win and playing as though anything is possible. I'd fully expect that.

But surely as Derby County fans, hardened through experience, we really do know better now not to get our hopes up?

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Bookies don’t usually get it wrong. (Odds for promotion)

D9478BB5-329C-442D-BD8B-ADE5FD9D17DE.png

Some bookies have us at or better than 125/1 to win the FA Cup; let alone get promoted ? 

Archived